General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Any help to view this site?
Posted by: WasiFH
Date: March 15, 2019 03:19PM

This site daraz.pk open just semi-blank page (KM Latest / KM-Goanna Latest) but pens in Firefox 52 ESR.

The main page of this site opens and viewable, but when you click on an item, it always open blank.
Any help?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Any help to view this site?
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: March 15, 2019 04:25PM

This is a Goanna version issue.

It amazes me that it works in 75.0 (4 years old engine)

Or you are blocking something, some third party scripts, maybe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2019 04:27PM by JohnHell.

Posted by: hermes
Date: March 15, 2019 06:27PM

@WasiFH

This site daraz.pk open just semi-blank page (KM Latest / KM-Goanna Latest) but pens in Firefox 52 ESR.

76RC2 - site works.
KM76.1.1-Goanna-20190309 - site works.

Problem on your side. Firewalls, antivirus-engine, browser addons, settings ...etc.

Posted by: Yogi
Date: March 24, 2019 12:35PM

Tested with a fresh profile of KM76.1.1-Goanna-20190316 and can confirm that this link opens mostly blank.

Same with latest KM76.1.1-Goanna-20190323.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2019 12:48PM by Yogi.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: March 24, 2019 10:18PM

This is the same case that aliexpress one - this site uses alicdn so I think it also relies on that scripts working on Ali.

Goanna 3.x doesn't support these for some monthes...

Date: March 30, 2019 09:00PM

rodocop
This is the same case that aliexpress one - this site uses alicdn so I think it also relies on that scripts working on Ali.

Yes, this site connects various alicdn links and aliexpress, aliyum...
I tried all the latest version of KM (official+Goanna), replaced hosts file with default > reboot, disable ABP, deleted permission.sqlite BUT this site always gives blank page except the home page.
I have installed firefox 52 esr portable and that shows everything on this site, with ABP enabled and hosts file.
I hope that some hidden settings in about:config may enable this site. If anyone find a solution please let me know.
BTW what is that you mentioned about aliexpress?
Thanks all for reply

Date: March 30, 2019 09:01PM

Yogi
Tested with a fresh profile of KM76.1.1-Goanna-20190316 and can confirm that this link opens mostly blank.

Yes, that is the problem that forced me to use firefox portable for this site

Posted by: anonymous
Date: March 31, 2019 01:38PM

@WasiFH
Browsing is no challenge with some CSS rules. Don't know what happens if you try to buy something. They may block old Geckos to protect customers in response to recent events.

Posted by: siria
Date: April 19, 2019 12:51AM

WasiFH
Yogi

Yes, that is the problem that forced me to use firefox portable for this site

Am struggling with partly unreadable sites all the time in my old KM1.6, mostly due to modern css, then fiddling to find solutions with adblock.css and redirects by macro and little javascript-snippets etc to get them at least readable...
The next lines in adblock.css (and sure also userContent.css or any adblocker you use) gets your example page showing up in KM1.6, but no idea if that helps on your system too:

@-moz-document domain(www.daraz.pk) {
body {overflow-y: auto !important;}
}

But even if it makes the full page visible, that does not mean that broken javascript would start working. If that "indexedDB" thing or whatever isn't initialized, it would need an additional little js-code, but that's beyond my limited skills.
Except if perhaps you've just blocked it by prefs?
dom.indexedDB.enabled = true
dom.storage.enabled = true (just in case, some sites need that too)
That allows websites to store tons of data in your profile, in sqlite files, usually not desired.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2019 01:14AM by siria.

Date: April 19, 2019 02:20AM

For unsupported browsers:

Do not load / block:
*.alicdn.com/*/pdp-platform/*

userContent.css:
@-moz-document domain("www.daraz.pk") {
body { overflow-y: visible !important; }
}

Date: April 23, 2019 10:51PM

Thanks Siria and Anonymous
A little progress:
I added the filter:
*.alicdn.com/*/pdp-platform/*
in ABP and added these line in userContent.css (both in the default and profile one)

@-moz-document domain("www.daraz.pk") {
body { overflow-y: visible !important; }
}
Now it shows some element of the page BUT it seems that css is broken now (because no format and scattered text).
Images still invisible.
May be some exception for css will load the page properly?
Unfortunately, this site doesnt like "Live block items on this page" (of AdblockPlus) so I cant figure out what css should be allowed by creating exception?

EDIT:
dom.indexedDB.enabled = true
dom.storage.enabled = true
already set true

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2019 11:08PM by WasiFH.

Date: April 23, 2019 11:20PM

anonymous
@WasiFH
Browsing is no challenge with some CSS rules. Don't know what happens if you try to buy something. They may block old Geckos to protect customers in response to recent events.

Oh my God. Now I am thinking that this may be the main reason.
So I hope there will be new and modern "Gecko" that would solve this problem?
Thanks any way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2019 11:49PM by WasiFH.

Date: April 24, 2019 06:29AM

WasiFH
Now it shows some element of the page BUT it seems that css is broken now (because no format and scattered text).
Images still invisible.

I can only test in much older KM-versions as yours, but images look normal in KG74, so they are not directly blocked.
They are just hidden by external 3rd-party stylesheets. When blocking those (permissions.default.stylesheet=3 (INT), the whole page gets visible in plain text and now images appear too.
When allowing ALL stylesheets, the page looks styled again, with images hidden and article descriptions as gray placeholder rectangles, but that's just my usual 'old browser' looks when faking a modern useragent and having all sorts of dangerous or heavy stuff blocked too, especially javascript and ajax (xmlhttprequest), etc

So am rather sure, if (?) the site is really blocking old browsers intentionally, they just do this by that mysterious "invisible body" setting, but after fixing this one in user css the page works normally again. Because all page elements exist.

Perhaps you've blocked too much? By ABP and/or Noscript? Third-party settings? Useragents? Domains blocked?

Edit: after a closer look, it's exactly that alicdn-platform css file which hides the images etc. Are you sure it's blocked?

---------------

More hidden stuff found in this stylesheet after saving to disk:
//laz-g-cdn.alicdn.com/lzdfe/pdp-platform/0.1.10/pc.css
#container{visibility:hidden}

So probably no need to block the complete file, just unhide the container div:

@-moz-document domain(daraz.pk) {
body {overflow-y: visible !important;}
div#container {visibility: visible !important;}
}

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2019 07:33AM by siria.

Date: April 24, 2019 08:21AM

rodocop

Since the daraz prob seems caused by alicdn-pdp stylesheets
https: //laz-g-cdn.alicdn.com/lzdfe/pdp-platform/0.1.10/pc.css
now wonder if this more general css rule for paraz might help globally for some other ali sites too? Have no example link to test...

body[data-spm="pdp"][style="overflow-y: hidden"] {overflow-y: visible !important;}
body[data-spm="pdp"][style^="overflow-y"] > div#container {visibility: visible !important;}

Or perhaps one of roytam's latest Goanna versions fixed it already...?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2019 08:28AM by siria.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: April 24, 2019 11:49PM

siria,

the main prob on Ali itself is around JS not CSS.

Tested your code in Goanna - no way, sorry.

Date: April 25, 2019 08:56PM

@rodocop
Pity, but thanks for testing.

Date: April 25, 2019 09:23PM

@WasiFH
That was not a valid filter for ABP. Use an addon to list all ALI services daraz.com loads in your area.

@siria
Minimum for "require.js" is in first message of this thread.

Date: May 02, 2019 09:01PM

siria
WasiFH
Images still invisible.

I can only test in much older KM-versions as yours, but images look normal in KG74, so they are not directly blocked.
They are just hidden by external 3rd-party stylesheets. When blocking those (permissions.default.stylesheet=3 (INT), the whole page gets visible in plain text and now images appear too.
When allowing ALL stylesheets, the page looks styled again, with images hidden and article descriptions as gray placeholder rectangles, but that's just my usual 'old browser' looks when faking a modern useragent and having all sorts of dangerous or heavy stuff blocked too, especially javascript and ajax (xmlhttprequest), etc

So am rather sure, if (?) the site is really blocking old browsers intentionally, they just do this by that mysterious "invisible body" setting, but after fixing this one in user css the page works normally again. Because all page elements exist.

Perhaps you've blocked too much? By ABP and/or Noscript? Third-party settings? Useragents? Domains blocked?

Edit: after a closer look, it's exactly that alicdn-platform css file which hides the images etc. Are you sure it's blocked?

---------------

More hidden stuff found in this stylesheet after saving to disk:
//laz-g-cdn.alicdn.com/lzdfe/pdp-platform/0.1.10/pc.css
#container{visibility:hidden}

So probably no need to block the complete file, just unhide the container div:

}

Thanks for testing and reply.
I have already tested it with adblockplus disabled and permission.sqlite + Hosts file deleted, but no success.

For:
}
I just tested, the text of the page and some other elements appeared for a second then disappeared, the page format is retained, upon refreshing again some elements appeared then disappeared. Also tried with your previous suggestion:
}
combined and separately, but no success. I am using KM-Goanna latest for this test.
When tried on KM 75.1 only text and no image, just like a css is broken?

Date: May 02, 2019 09:19PM

anonymous
@WasiFH
That was not a valid filter for ABP. Use an addon to list all ALI services daraz.com loads in your area.
Thanks, I will do that. What about the filter? it was mentioned in this forum above by someone.

Date: May 02, 2019 09:23PM

JohnHell

It amazes me that it works in 75.0

You mean K-Meleon 75.1 OR an earlier version? please specify the version and I will definitely try that KM version. For KM 75.1, it does not work. KM-Goanna is better, as it displays the site main page and Collection pages PERFECTLY, the problem comes when we want to see a prduct-specific page (where purchase can be done), that page always comes blank.

Date: May 02, 2019 09:36PM

JohnHell

It amazes me that it works in 75.0 (4 years old engine)

hermes
76RC2 - site works.

siria
but images look normal in KG74

@JohnHell and @siria:
I would visit daraz.pk site without problem in old days, like a year or 2 ago with K-Meleon official, I just cant remember what version/release was that, may be I need to use KM74 OR KM75 again as you two mentioned with partial/full page load success.
I will test with fresh install of KM74 and KM75 and post the results.
BUT what roytam1 said on Goanna forum keeps me thinking of indexdb and I really dont know what that means ¬_¬

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2019 10:45PM by WasiFH.

Date: May 02, 2019 09:43PM

hermes
@WasiFH
76RC2 - site works.
KM76.1.1-Goanna-20190309 - site works.

Problem on your side. Firewalls, antivirus-engine, browser addons, settings ...etc.

Thanks hermes, I guess I couldnt explain the problem. The main pages and collection pages are perfect in KM Goanna, but the product page (one example link in my first post) always mostly blank.

Date: May 02, 2019 10:37PM

NOW IS THE TIME FOR A SHOCK

As I said that I would test with KM76RC2, so I did it.

AND I literally jumped off my chair. K-Meleon 76 RC2 is that Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible. I mean it displays everything FINE.
The page The Culprit Page displayed nicely perfectly and fully by K-Meleon 76 RC2. K-Meleon Goanna latest release and K-Meleon 75.1 Official release both failed to load this page. Here is the screenshot:

But why KM-Goanna which is built on same KM 76 cannot display this page? and why KM75.1 cannot?
Thanks hermes, you mentioned that "76RC2 - site works."
@Johnhell I guess I will thank you in advance because you mentioned: "It amazes me that it works in 75.0 (4 years old engine)" but I have not teested KM74 for this issue so far.

Does this means that we can solve the problem for KM Goanna and KM 75.1?

Another interesting thing is that when KM 76 RC2 was loading this site, my firewall pop-upped 2 times, see the screenshot:

The IP Address in the Alert message is 52.87.201.4, www.ip-tracker.org resolves this ip to ec2-52-87-201-4.compute-1.amazonaws.com

This is another confusion for a layman like me.
Just going to test KM74 as Johnhell mentioned that this version also works.

Date: May 02, 2019 10:55PM

The same page in KM-Goanna latest release, with same Adblock and permission.sqlite and same HOSTS file:

Date: May 03, 2019 12:57AM

WasiFH I didn't say 74.0 but 75.0 that is the one I use.

But, hey, I don't know what is going on with sites load in my 75.0 and not in your newer versions (you and others).

I took your case now as proof test and I only can say that when it loads as the screenshot above, this is, not loading the images, is because the Compatibility mode is enabled (aka Firefox user agent mixed with K-meleon user agent, this is "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT x.x; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0 K-Meleon/75.0").

Now, I tested several times with a fresh profile, and it is worst. I don't know why, the base K-meleon is the same, but with a fresh profile I only get a simple QR code and it doesn't load anything :-?

Ok, ok, I have some overridings inside my profile, true, but are not browser core, so I don't know what is going on with this.

The thing is that I was a couple of hours of testing and I don't lie if I say right now I'm dizzy. I can't get what I have that you don't have :-?

I have no clue at all. I cleaned up preferences, startupcache, personal CSSs, sqlites (permissions, places, etc) etc. No clue. Almost a fresh profile. I don't know, really, I give up testing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2019 12:58AM by JohnHell.

Date: May 03, 2019 01:07AM

WasiFH
Another interesting thing is that when KM 76 RC2 was loading this site, my firewall pop-upped 2 times, see the screenshot:
The IP Address in the Alert message is 52.87.201.4, www.ip-tracker.org resolves this ip to ec2-52-87-201-4.compute-1.amazonaws.com
This is another confusion for a layman like me.

Darn, just recently I saw a highly depressing report about amazon, google, facebook etc, how really almighty and unstoppable they are long since, but now can't find it again sad smiley It went something like... amazon is involved in 70% of the whole internet hosting... and google in 40-50%....
But now can only find this again, interesting too but quite long:
https://gizmodo.com/i-tried-to-block-amazon-from-my-life-it-was-impossible-1830565336

@JohnHell:
The QR-code was what I first saw too, then got that fixed with the css-snippet above.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2019 01:10AM by siria.

Date: May 03, 2019 01:23AM

By the way, now that siria mentions it.

One of the worst things out there with pre-made hosts file (mine is self made) is that a lot of them block amazon cloud servers...

Don't use those hosts files. They tend to block almost anything in the name of... "suspicious". AMAZON is not suspicious of anything. It rents cloud (hostings/CDNs) servers and companies hosts files there. There is nothing wrong with it. Yeah, some store suspicious scripts, but hey, don't block everything! (just in case you are doing it).

P.S.: Kerio for the win!!! XD

Date: May 03, 2019 06:09PM

JohnHell
I took your case now as proof test and I only can say that when it loads as the screenshot above, this is, not loading the images, is because the Compatibility mode is enabled (aka Firefox user agent mixed with K-meleon user agent, this is "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT x.x; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0 K-Meleon/75.0").

Reading your comments about User Agent, I launched KM-Goanna and disabled [Tools > User Agent Mode > Firefox Compatible] refreshed the page / restarted / clean the Cache But KM-Goanna did not load the page in discussion.
Right now the only KM version that can load this site perfectly is KM 76 RC2. I have tested this with KM 1.16, KM 75.1, KM-Goanna (latest) and KM 76RC2. I will test with KM 74 also but since that version is not installed on my PC so it will take some time to download and install and add extensions etc.

What bothers me that KM-Goanna is based on KM76? and KMG cannot load the page?

Date: May 03, 2019 06:25PM

siria
Darn, just recently I saw a highly depressing report about amazon, google, facebook etc, how really almighty and unstoppable they are long since, but now can't find it again sad smiley It went something like... amazon is involved in 70% of the whole internet hosting... and google in 40-50%....
But now can only find this again, interesting too but quite long:
https://gizmodo.com/i-tried-to-block-amazon-from-my-life-it-was-impossible-1830565336

That long article is really amazing, I just read it, and I believe it is true. I don't use Facebook not any kind of messenger, instagram etc, but I have a mastodon account.

PS. KM 75.1 could not load the images of your linked site, but KM76RC2 does.

Date: May 03, 2019 06:28PM

JohnHell
P.S.: Kerio for the win!!! XD

Yes, that great tiny firewall is amazing and it beats many big names in my opinion. I have been using it since the age of Windows 98. Glad to see your comments on Kerio Personal Firewall aka Tiny Firewall smiling smiley

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.