General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Any help to view this site?
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: May 03, 2019 08:05PM

WasiFH
What bothers me that KM-Goanna is based on KM76? and KMG cannot load the page?

The shell. They use the same shell, but not the same engine.

Gecko != Goanna.

Goanna is a..., we could say, branch/fork of Gecko by Palemoon developers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 03, 2019 10:30PM

Wasi, read here, if you haven't already done

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?3,147403,149179#msg-149179

This should have been at Tineye thread:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,99158,149183#msg-149183

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2019 11:12PM by JohnHell.

Posted by: anonymous
Date: May 03, 2019 10:39PM

@JohnHell
Using a custom UA (not Gecko) for domain daraz.pk is cheating, but makes it compatible with unsupported old Gecko versions. Only KM on Gecko 24 needs the user CSS line in addition.

Date: May 03, 2019 11:11PM

Sorry wrong thread, this shouldn't be here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2019 11:11PM by JohnHell.

Posted by: Yogi
Date: May 04, 2019 08:59AM

JohnHell
This is a Goanna version issue.

It amazes me that it works in 75.0 (4 years old engine)

If it works with 75.0 it means that parts of the PaleMoon 27 (Goanna) code are older than 4 years.

Tested with PaleMoon 28 and the link works.

Posted by: WasiFH
Date: July 12, 2019 05:54PM

UPDATE:

KM 76 RC2 does load this linked page perfectly, BUT only when you uncheck "Firefox compatible" mode in Tools > User Agent Mode.

I have checked with all existing KM versions (including KM-Goanna) with checked and without checked "Firefox compatible" mode, NO one is able to load this page except K-Meleon 76 RC2.

KM76RC2 when unchecked, load this page perfectly.
KM76RC2 when checked, DOES NOT load this page perfectly, only headings.

also when Unchecked, google search behaves strangely; It prohibits "greasify" and "stylish" extensions to work on it. No problem on any other site as far as I checked.

NOW: I want the "Firefox compatible" mode keep checked and override useragent on daraz.pk;
I have tried "general.useragent.override.daraz.pk" with different UserAgent strings but no success.
When I checked what is the user agent with "Firefox compatible" checked and unchecked, the result as shown by google is:
with Firefox compat checked: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0 K-Meleon/38.7.1esrpre
with ,, unchecked: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0 K-Meleon/38.7.1esrpre

that is, the user agent string is the same? any suggestion?

Posted by: siria
Date: July 12, 2019 07:41PM

WasiFH
KM76RC2 when unchecked, load this page perfectly.
KM76RC2 when checked, DOES NOT load this page perfectly, only headings.
also when Unchecked, google search behaves strangely; It prohibits "greasify" and "stylish" extensions to work on it. No problem on any other site as far as I checked.
When I checked what is the user agent with "Firefox compatible" checked and unchecked, the result as shown by google is:
with Firefox compat checked: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0 K-Meleon/38.7.1esrpre
with ,, unchecked: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0 K-Meleon/38.7.1esrpre
that is, the user agent string is the same? any suggestion?

Something wrong with your checking. Why ask Google to check the current UA? Google will only show you the string you send to google, not the string you send to paraz.
And google uses lots of other domains too, which could have a site-UA too.

Use instead the macro for checking, directly on the SITE you want to test:
menu Tools > Useragent > View current useragent
(this returns what javascript delivers for "navigator.userAgent", in useragents2018 macro, or Johns 7X macro, or another older one, but not the infamous multiswitcher addon hardcoded in the Pro Versions....
Oh! something dawns... you mentioned stylish and greasify?
At the moment not sure which one exactly, but have recently discovered, slightly shocked as usual, that a kmext extensions for something of that type contains the UA multiswitcher addon too - all secretly. That can mess all native UA switching attempts, but usually requires also the belonging macro to create the pref for activating it. That macro was NOT contained there. But who knows...
Anway, not sure if it affects you at all, but as a simple test, look into about:config if it contains that pref:
kmeleon.privacy.useragent.Count If existing, set it to ZERO to make sure the addon is disabled at least.
Then try again with a normal macro.

Date: July 12, 2019 08:17PM

WasiFH

As a side note, at least it happens to me, since a couple of months or so, Google displays different interfaces based on the UA.

This was done earlier, not a surprise, but now with K-meleon UA, it will show the mobile interface. With Firefox Compatible, it will so the "normal" desktop interface.

The opposite is happening to the site you started this topic.

What else can be said that hasn't be said along the years in this forum. UA checking sucks, and still, they continue doing it, instead rely on w3 standards (that won't halt progress as some think).

Posted by: siria
Date: July 12, 2019 08:33PM

JohnHell
UA checking sucks, and still, they continue doing it, instead rely on w3 standards (that won't halt progress as some think).

No, I for one always LOVE UA checking - it gives us a lot more freedom to influence a site :cool: grinning smiley
If they'd really do feature checking, old browsers would get kicked out from a lot MORE sites completely!
All those that already now give "old browser" warnings yet start working (as good as possible in the browser version) when faking a modern UA.
Not all sites are really interested if a browser is able to handle something specific or not, many kick out old versions fully intentionally, just because they want to force ALL users to upgrade to most modern (spyware maximized) browser versions and OSes. Especially the big monopolies everyone depends on, MS, google, FB...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2019 08:37PM by siria.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.