General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
agent d'usuari
Posted by: Fua1976
Date: October 31, 2017 02:40AM

com poc cambiar l'agent d'usuari al k-meleon 76.0? ara hi ha el firefox/38.0 però el vull cambiar al 50.0 o potser chrome.. sé ke es pot fer.. però com ho faig si a versions més antigues del k-meleon es podia fer fàcilment i ara amb la 76.0 no sé si es pot.. em pot ajudar algú plis? winking smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: agent d'usuari
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: October 31, 2017 05:09PM

Voy a suponer que eso es catalán y hablas español.

Tienes que ir al menu Herramientas > Privacidad. Desde ahí te aparecerá una opción para cambiarlo.

-- English --

You need to go to the Tools > Privacy menu.

Posted by: J.G.
Date: November 01, 2017 12:29PM

Jo et recomano la instal.lació de Kmeleon 76RCpro portable d'en Rodocop. En la mateixa secció hi veurás molts d'agents d'usuari, i mitjançant 'about:config' pots cercar amb la cadena 'useragent' tots els instalats i els pots modificar. Amb aquesta versió també pots modificar el que hi ha per defecte amb 'about:config' i després cercas la cadena "override" on és l'useragent.
https://my.powerfolder.com/dl/fiETUtTcytcvWs2sNCrugjwC/K-Meleon76_Pro_RC.7z
---
I recommend to you the installation of Kmeleon 76RCpro portable by Rodocop. At the same section you will see a lot of useragents, and with 'about:config' you can seek the string "useragent" for all the installed ones and then modify them. With this version you can also modify the default one with 'about:config'and then you seek for the string "override" where the useragent is wrote.
https://my.powerfolder.com/dl/fiETUtTcytcvWs2sNCrugjwC/K-Meleon76_Pro_RC.7z

smiling smiley

Posted by: siria
Date: November 01, 2017 01:02PM

Ah, be aware, KM-Pro is actually very special with UAs, it has included a sophisticated extension, also hardcoded in omni.ja, which does NOT allow to change the "general" agent. Instead it saves every single domain where you toggled it, for later automatic use on THIS domain again. All domains are stored in prefs.js. And all other -undefined- domains get only the hardcoded UA from omni.ja

If that's what you prefer - great. Good thing for those who like.
If instead you want to change the general agent string for all sites, use an official KM version and copy over the old macro "useragents.kmm" from KM1.6

But to customize the list of available agents, rodocops version is great again smiling smiley Good thing for both versions is, you can simply copy over his default list into any other KM installation:
K-Meleon\ browser\defaults\preferences\useragents.js

(just hope this is true, haven't tried personally yet ;-)

Just confirming all siria has wrote about useragent switcher from Pro-build! (c) rodocop

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2017 02:13PM by rodocop.

Posted by: J.G.
Date: November 01, 2017 02:00PM

@siria thank you for the added good info. smiling smiley

Posted by: siria
Date: November 01, 2017 05:17PM

Glad if it helps smiling smiley

@rodocop: awhile ago, in some other thread, I've started trying to rewrite that file in omni.ja, with the goal to include both functions at the same time: custom default agent possible plus automatic special agents possible for a couple domains. It looks like it could be possible, because that file does a lot of pref toggling, which ressembles heavily our macrolanguage. But cannot test myself yet, grmpf. Would have to try it step by step, always checking if something works or not, for lack of dev knowledge. After posting a first-step version, have afterwards continued yet more, which is unposted yet but can't remember if it even was ready yet. Still a lot of work to do and too little time, you know the prob sad smiley
But in a very first step, could you try to single out that file from omni.ja, so that it's easier customizable? If that's possible, to just put it into a normal folder "/browser/components/" and look if that still works? (99% chance) And renaming it to useragentsites.js instead of KmeleonMain.js, which sounds rather misleading?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2017 05:31PM by siria.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.