General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Restrict Bookmarks Tollbar Minimum width
Posted by: mbs
Date: October 17, 2019 11:55PM

Hi all!

Just wondering if there is a way to do this. This toolbar is prone to collapsing upon resizing the window and I don't like it.
I'd rather have this toolbar always visible. I noticed kmeleon.plugins.bookmarks.maxToolbarSize entry in about:config.
Is it possible to implement a minToolbarsize somehow?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2019 11:58PM by mbs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Restrict Bookmarks Tollbar Minimum width
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: October 18, 2019 02:03AM

The maxToolbar size doesn't tell the bookmarks plugin how large it is, but how many characters should hold each button before collapse with three dots (...), and it is controlled through its corresponding Bookmarks setting in preferences panel.

If you have a bookmark titled "My favourite bookmark" and you set that "width" (length, actually), to 6 characters, for example, the button will look in the bookmarks toolbar as "My ...", that count six.

Said so, I can't figure out what is exactly the problem you are facing and what would you expect.

When K-meleon resizes, the bookmarks toolbar adds a quotation mark (») that would expand those that became invisible with a submenu.

Can you post an example screenshot with your bookmarks text edited/deleted/blurred so we can see what do you see and what do you expect?

Also, post you K-meleon version. That would help others testing if it is a version specific issue.

Re: Restrict Bookmarks Tollbar Minimum width
Posted by: prateeksha877
Date: November 06, 2019 12:19PM

You can only make the bookmark bar visible or can hide it. There is no concept to minimize the width of the toolbar in Windows.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.