General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Re: A little question about focus
Posted by: JamesD
Date: March 10, 2018 11:37PM

myquyen1996
i've noticed that sometimes when i write something and want to move the cursor (either with arrows or home or end keys) the cursor does not move at all

In a text entry field, the cursor must be between the left most character and the right most character on a single line for the 'home' and 'end' keys to cause a change in the position.

For instance, I hit the 'enter' key twice after finishing the previous line. When I pressed the home and end keys, nothing happened because the right end of the line and the left end of the line had not yet been set. Both are the the position where cursor is located. Then, after typing some text, if I press home, the cursor goes back to the left most character and when I press end I am taken to the right most character.

Apparently, the rule for using the home and end keys is that "Pressing the home key or pressing the end key will move the cursor to left most or right most position only when these positions are not the same, and the cursor is not already at left most position for home or the right most position for end.

The arrow keys appear to work like this. The up and down keys move the cursor up one line or down one line to the same position relative from the left end. That is unless the line above or below is shorter than the cursors original position when the up or down arrow is pressed. If that is the case the cursor will go to the left most character of the line above or below.

The left and right arrow keys move the cursor one position left or right for each press. A right arrow key press at the end of a line, appears to move the cursor beyond the end of the line for two spaces at which time an automatic new line is created. I guess this is the the CRLF in English ASCII. I cannot say for other systems.

Hope this helps.

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A little question about focus
Posted by: siria
Date: March 11, 2018 01:33AM

sorry for your work, sigh, but do a forum search for obliged fonction (as is)
I'm starting to think that Please Help Me in an additional new post is sometimes suspicious, deja vue...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2018 01:39AM by siria.

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.