General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Content of Storage folder needs adding to clean up
Posted by: Mello
Date: April 13, 2018 12:48AM

I just located and cleaned 75mb from 76RC2 from within the two subfolders under storage. There were lots of folders with web url titles and a couple of files inside each.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Content of Storage folder needs adding to clean up
Posted by: J.G.
Date: April 13, 2018 11:13AM

You can easily set those folders and files to be cleaned at privacy options menu, "clean when exit" from KMeleon automatically to save your time and by safety when carrying USB devices for other computers. :s

Tools > Privacy > Clear Data > Clean automatically > Clear Data (Clean Now, Clean at Startup, Clean on exit".

By the way it would be a good idea to include an option to wipe them using DOD3 method as minimum in further or future editions of KMeleon for really privacy issues. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2018 11:18AM by J.G..

Re: Content of Storage folder needs adding to clean up
Posted by: Mello
Date: April 13, 2018 08:38PM

Hmmmm! Not getting cleared here by K-m

After any innocuous browsing session I use a clean up option in k-m for everything except passwords thanks to kind help here.

But like you I prefer secure overwrite to deletion and normally ccleaner will overwrite custom files or folders, but not for me when it comes to the contents of Storage, so I used a different eraser manually.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.