General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
K-Meleon Extensions
Posted by: Iulian
Date: August 16, 2020 05:19AM

Hi,

How can I add extensions to K-Meleon 76.2.1? I understand that the K-Meleon browser is based on Firefox and so I tried to install an extension from here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-classic/?src=search ,but it seems to only work on Firefox, not K-Meleon. It would be great if I could install the extension for returning to classic YouTube layout. Is it possible for Roytam to make Firefox extensions compatible with the K-Meleon browser?

Thank you!

*this article could be added to sticky. I think extensions are very important for all users

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon Extensions
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: August 16, 2020 01:02PM

The new Firefox WebExtensions aren't compatible with the old XUL/XPI Firefox/K-meleon based ones.

Posted by: smallhagrid
Date: August 16, 2020 09:28PM

Sadly - the 'new' FF is no longer really even FF anymore - just another chrome clone.
(And it seems likely that even further & worse degenerations are on their way...)

Fortunately K-Meleon has a great many extensions available & listed/linked right here at this forum.

Other, still possible solutions for those desiring customizations & the 'classic' Gecko stuff is between Mypal (windows) and SeaMonkey, which I use under Linux with very good results.

Mypal is a version of Palemoon, and is very nimble & quick - very reminiscent of our beloved K-Meleon.

I still adore K-Meleon, but it does very odd things when used via WINE under Linux, so it is seldom used by me these days. (No more daily windows uses for me, thankfully.)

Posted by: Mello
Date: August 17, 2020 04:16AM

Some of these Palemoon extensions work like cookie exterminator and maybe adblock latitude? etc

GUI customisations won't & you have to configure withon addon itself - no toolbar buttons etc

https://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2020 04:18AM by Mello.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.