General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Roytam, could you update nss3.dll for 75.0 and 75.1 Gecko based?
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: October 13, 2020 12:16AM

The point is that has become sad that even users on Windows 98 have the latest ciphers through the files on your "K-meleon 74 on goanna build".

Sadly that can't be ported to 75.x (mozglue.dll dependencies) and now the situation is:
Windows 98 users with the fix provided by this forum with updated TSL support
Windows 2000 users with K-meleon 74 on Goanna with updated TLS support // you'd say XP SP2 too, but with outdated K-meleon, and at least myself, I'm now dependent on some macro for KM75.x only
Windows XP SP3 users with K-meleon 76.x on Goanna with updated TLS support

but...

Windows 2000 and XP SP2 users with K-meleon 75.x (native XP SP2 version and backward compatible with windows 2000 with wrappers/kernel updates) with outdated TLS support or outdated K-meleon (your K-meleon 74 on Goanna)

I understand that your nss3.dll are for goanna, but, my question, after all, is... can't be compiled to be compatible with 75.x on Gecko or without dependencies? Or compiling it would also mean compile the whole version again and doesn't worth?

Sites with algorithms not compatible with 75.x are only a few, but is sad that the intermediate users between Windows 98 and XP SP3 and above are left behind.

If it isn't possible, fine, but, also, I had to vent a little about it, as I found a site that stopped working just because of this, unable to handsake the TLS, and argh!!!!!

And if nothing else is possible, could you try to make K-meleon 76 on Goanna compatible with 2000 or XP SP2?

I know that the base version was made for XP SP3, for whatever reason Dorian had when was building K-meleon 76, but it left behind a few of us. And maybe is hard to do (most probably), but damn... how I hate it :|

Anyway, thanks for just read it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2020 02:09AM by JohnHell.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Roytam, could you update nss3.dll for 75.0 and 75.1 Gecko based?
Posted by: soccerfan
Date: October 13, 2020 08:25PM

JohnHell
...[snipped]
And if nothing else is possible, could you try to make K-meleon 76 on Goanna compatible with 2000 or XP SP2?
[snipped]...

Seconded!

soccerfan

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.