General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
K-Meleon windows gain focus all the time
Posted by: TexasFett
Date: November 21, 2001 08:02PM

When ever a page gets loaded or updated that window pops up.

The way I browse that is very inconvienient. I look at the main page of a site then open the first three to five pages I plan to look at next in new browser windows. I understand why the new window gains focus then, but then I quickly click back to the main window to continue opening other pages in new windows. Often just about the time I get there the previous new windows has loaded enough of the page to pop up on top of everything else forcing me to have to switch back again. This is with all sites. Not just ones that have an ONLOAD="focus()". It happens here on your site.

If this is a feature, is there anyway to disable it.

Just in case it matters, I have disable popup windows on load/unload.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon windows gain focus all the time
Posted by: ryuu
Date: November 21, 2001 08:31PM

You might want to try opening new windows by right-click "Open in background" instead of "Open in new window", this way the new window will not get the focus.
I have read, however, that some people seem to have problems with the status bar disappearing for background windows - works fine for me though. Hope this helps ...

Hopefully, the "new window grabs focus" issue won't be in the next version anymore, it's indeed a bit annoying smiling smiley

Posted by: TexasFett
Date: November 21, 2001 09:14PM

I never even saw the "open in background," I am so used to clicking the top option from Netscape I guess I never read it. I will try rearanging them in the menu config so I don't have to think about which one I am hitting.

Thanks.

Posted by: Bernard Mercier
Date: November 23, 2001 08:32PM

Hi,

I opened my ISP's homepage of which I know it refreshes frequently.
I clicked on a link on this page (right-click open in new window) and started browsing in this new window. I positioned the windows in such a way I could see the status bar of the mainwindow underneath the second window.

Every once in a while I saw that the main window was refreshing (transfer data from.. in the status bar) but the main window stayed in the background.

I did a standard install.
I didn't tick any popup control option.

Bernard

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.