General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
icons in rightclick menu
Posted by: jeroen roeterd
Date: November 21, 2001 08:19PM

Dear all,

I have installed KM 0.6 but in the right-click menu there are now icons. Then I downloaded Netscape 6.2 and they appeared. Netscape 6.2 was not exactly what I wanted and I uninstalled it and now the icons are gone again!!

Same is with icons in the menu's.

I have the dutch translation files installed, can that be it?

greetings,
Jeroen

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: icons in rightclick menu
Date: November 21, 2001 08:24PM

checked the dutch translation files but that is not it.

greetings,
Jeroen

Posted by: ryuu
Date: November 21, 2001 08:55PM

I had the icons on my work computer, where Mozilla 0.9.6 is installed, but at first not on my home computer ("Bitmapped Menus" plugin wasn't even recognized).

I could make it work by downloading Msvcp60.dll from the net and placing in my /%windir%/systems/ folder.

Do you have the "Bitmapped Menus" plugin installed and enabled? If you have, but it doesn't show up, maybe this .dll solves it for you too. I can imagine that Netscape 6.2 installs it and with the uninstall routine deletes it again.

Hope this helps ...

Date: November 24, 2001 10:14AM

Thank you for your reply in the Kmeleon forum concerning the icons in the rightclick menu.
I removed NS 6.2 from my system and now the file you are referring to msvcp60.dll can't be found. I guess it is not a big file. Would it be possible to send it to me directly so i can test if its works for me to.

Thanks in advance,

Greetings,
Jeroen Roeterd

Posted by: ido
Date: November 25, 2001 06:37PM

can you tell me how to change/install the toolbar skins and the dutch translation file?
thx for helping!

Posted by: po
Date: November 25, 2001 11:04PM

ido,

most of the toolbar 'skins' consist of two (or maybe three) bitmap files (tool1.bmp, tool2.bmp, etc.) that you can just replace the exisiting ones in your profile directory with. replace the ones in this directory:

C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\Profiles\default\XXXXXXXX.slt

or it's equivalent on your system.

DON'T replace the ones in the k-meleon\defaults\profile directory, since these are used to generate a new profile (and you can copy them to the other directory if you decide you don't like the new 'skin').

if the skin has toolbar bitmaps that are larger than 16x16, you'll need to make a change in your toolbar.cfg file to make the buttons the right size... but otherwise, it's as simple as that.

i haven't changed language files, but i believe it's just a matter, again, of replacing the menu.cfg, etc. files in the same directory as mentioned above with the dutch counterparts, renaming them to the same name as the file you're replacing, if necessary.

maybe i'll write up a help page on this procedure... unless anyone else wants to?

--- po

Date: November 27, 2001 08:43PM

I got the missing DLL from my work where I have K-meleon also installed. copied in the system directory restarted KM and all worked fine.

thank you for your suggestion.

Greetings,
Jeroen Roeterd

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.