General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
How to export complete password list?
Posted by: Voltaire
Date: March 19, 2021 10:33AM

I have a real big bunch of passwords saved and I want to save/backup them and also have it ready for use in a different browser – but I do not want to write down the complete list by hand ...

Is there a possibility to export the complete list at once?

Btw.: in other chromium based browsers the list is displayed in a simple html/web-style page so that the page just can be copied into the clipboard and entered in any editor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to export complete password list?
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: March 19, 2021 04:02PM

Voltaire
I have a real big bunch of passwords saved and I want to save/backup them and also have it ready for use in a different browser – but I do not want to write down the complete list by hand ...

Is there a possibility to export the complete list at once?

Have a look to this post by rodocop:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?19,152531

Despite is not the same problem, it should work (I don't use the built-in password manager, so I can't confirm it).

Voltaire
Btw.: in other chromium based browsers the list is displayed in a simple html/web-style page so that the page just can be copied into the clipboard and entered in any editor.

Other Chromium based?

K-meleon is based either in Gecko engine or Goanna engine (as Gecko fork). Chromium is for Chrome, Opera or latest MS Edge (and others)

I'd recommend use third party tools, running locally (not hosted by elsewhere in some server) password managers.

This way you wonn't rely on browsers changes, third party tools to export them, etc.

Do a search of what fits best on you. I know there are a few free and open source out there.

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.