General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Facebook 'basic' gone
Posted by: Anjami
Date: July 24, 2021 04:30AM

Facebook have removed the 'basic' version which worked great on K-Meleon. It now re-directs to a CPU/RAM POS that K-Meleon refuses to load.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Facebook 'basic' gone
Posted by: siria
Date: July 24, 2021 07:41AM

Don't know about current KM. For my much older version I just recently discovered that it finally shows content again if using:
1) mobile version: m.facebook.com
2) useragent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.0

Date: July 28, 2021 01:06PM

The basic/simplified version that Firefox displays is not the much simpler, easy on the CPU/RAM that K-Meleon displayed. In K-Meleon the m. was briefly redirected to mbasic. I notice that what displays on m. using Firefox has redir, deprecated in the URL. For a time you could use the simpler version in Firefox too, but lately this more complex format began getting displayed. The simpler version that K-Meleon still got served up is now gone.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: July 28, 2021 03:53PM

I still can access m.facebook.com with Opera Mini 4.5 or with K-meleon 75.0, so is not gone.

What I see is that isn't much usable noawadays.

Might be the user agent, with 75.0:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.0; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0 K-Meleon/75.0

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2021 03:55PM by JohnHell.

Date: July 29, 2021 10:25PM

It is back up and running now but this message has appeared at the top of the page:

'Unsupported Browser
You're using a browser that isn't supported by Facebook, so we've redirected you to a simpler version to give you the best experience.'

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.