General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Broken back button
Posted by: scorp
Date: March 22, 2019 12:00AM

Well, not really. But something strange has happened. When I try to go back to the previous page, no matter if I use the backbutton, a mouse gesture or the Backspace key on my keyboard, nothing happens the first five times a try. Well, sometimes some text flickers briefly in the statusbar, too quickly for me to read it. The sixth time it works. It's ALWAYS the sixth time. Been going on for a couple of weeks now.

I don't really think this is a K-Mel problem. I've run the same installation for a long time now, v. 75.1. I rather think it's caused by one of Win10's silent updates. But it affects no other browser, only K-Mel.

Any idea what can have caused this? It's such an odd problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2019 12:07AM by scorp.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Broken back button
Posted by: siria
Date: March 22, 2019 11:37AM

scorp
When I try to go back to the previous page, no matter if I use the backbutton, a mouse gesture or the Backspace key on my keyboard, nothing happens the first five times a try. Well, sometimes some text flickers briefly in the statusbar, too quickly for me to read it. The sixth time it works. It's ALWAYS the sixth time. Been going on for a couple of weeks now.

I don't really think this is a K-Mel problem. I've run the same installation for a long time now, v. 75.1. I rather think it's caused by one of Win10's silent updates. But it affects no other browser, only K-Mel.

Weird... perhaps some accessibility setting toggled accidentally?
https://www.google.com/search?q=browser+backspace+%22five+times%22&num=30&gbv=1
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/oops-7-keyboard-shortcuts-users-hitting-mistake/

But only as browser-setting... Open about:config and check the "accessibility" prefs, quite a bunch there?

Re: Broken back button
Posted by: scorp
Date: March 22, 2019 10:57PM

Know what happened? And this is really weired too.

I gave up on trying. So I resorted to using the backbutton dropdown list, or what it should be called, the numbered list of visited pages. I did this a couple of times and then I forgot and used the left sweaping mouse gesture out of habit and it worked. Things are back to normal. Go figure.

This makes me think it after all is/was a K-Meleon problem. But I've used K-Mel since the betas numbered way below 1.0 and it has never happened before.

I'm glad everything is back to normal, but the problem, bug, whatever sure is intriguing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2019 10:58PM by scorp.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.