General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Tools for managing tabs?
Posted by: Chris Chiesa
Date: November 03, 2021 02:33PM

I do a lot of Google (etc.) searches, which result in opening a lot of tabs, skimming them for the specific information I was after, but leaving a lot of them open "to read in greater detail, later." That, of course, turns into having dozens (or on my phone, literally a thousand) tabs open, more-or-less "indefinitely." It's much more efficient to bookmark them -- or, ideally, offload a file of links in a form I can also use from other programs.

Of course there are "bookmark" facilities, but Chrome (certainly on the phone, where I need it most!) seems to have done away with -- or never had; I may be thinking of Firefox -- the "bookmark all open tabs" function and, while one *can* bookmark tabs one-at-a-time, it is ungodly *tedious*. (Chrome's "sync" doesn't help, either -- in my experience, it very much does NOT do everything it claims, while apparently giving GOogle an excuse to stop offering any OTHER way to preserve tabs and links.)

There's a nifty Chrome plug-in (or extension? What's the difference?) called "OneTab" that, in a single click, collects all open tabs as links, and adds them at the top of an ongoing, cumulative, single page of links, in a single tab. VERY handy for someone with my usage habits.

So is there anything similar for K-Meleon? If so, where and how do I find and use it? If not, can something be developed and made available? Or, are there other tools/features/functions of equivalent functionality, in/for K-Meleon?

Thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tools for managing tabs?
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: November 03, 2021 09:08PM

Have a look to Sessions menu. It will save a session of open pages and restore them later.

Also there are some extension/macros available here, as for example "File All Tabs", but maybe you find something else handy too there:
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/ext4.htm

Re: Tools for managing tabs?
Posted by: Chris Chiesa
Date: November 05, 2021 04:38AM

Thank you for the information! :-)

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.