General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Help with toolbar layout. smiling smiley
Posted by: AmyY92
Date: August 09, 2022 01:23AM

Hello, my dear friends and fellow K-Meleon users. I previously installed what I believe was a Firefox-themed skin named "Woah". It changed the layout of my toolbar, and I was just wondering if it would be possible to get the default layout back?

https://imgur.com/A49dBey

In the attached image, my toolbar can be seen.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help with toolbar layout. smiling smiley
Posted by: RJJIII
Date: August 09, 2022 06:16AM

This is a bug/quirk in how KM's themes work. Each theme can set its own default toolbar layout. If you customize your toolbars and switch themes the browser will try to use both your custom settings and the setting from the new theme.

To get the default layout for a theme:
  1. Go to Edit > Configuration > Profile Directory to open up your current profile. Save a copy of "prefs.js" somewhere else in case this causes any errors. This is just a precaution before changing prefs.
  2. Type about:config into the address bar, press enter, and click the button to proceed if you get a warning.
  3. In the search bar type toolband and you'll see all of your toolbar settings. The bold settings are the ones that have changed.
  4. Right-click each bold setting and select Reset.
  5. Restart K-Meleon and the theme should look how it was meant to.

Re: Help with toolbar layout. smiling smiley
Posted by: AmyY92
Date: August 09, 2022 07:55PM

Thank you so very much!! I sincerely appreciate your help, my friend. Thank you, again. It worked.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.