General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
no plugin NPAPI visible
Posted by: Cixert
Date: November 21, 2022 02:51PM

I have K-meleon 74 and New Moon 26.5 on five computers with Windows 2000.
On three computers I don't see the NPAPI plugins. It does not show Java or Flash in the plugins list. In the list I only see Microsoft DRM and Windows Media Player plugin.
Is it possible that I have disabled NPAPI in about:config? What could be the problem?
Thank you

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: no plugin NPAPI visible
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: November 21, 2022 04:39PM

Read the FAQ here:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/wiki/FAQ#Plugins

There are specific setting for each plugin, so I doubt you disabled them all.

Check the preferences (at about:config) filtered by "plugin." (without quotes).

If you don't find them disabled, nor "globally", might be your system (maybe banned by the antivirus software).

In any case, you could copy the plugin files to the plugins directory in the K-meleon root folder, as stated in the FAQ page provided above and on the side panel of the site.

If still doesn't work..., I couldn't tell. Might be you are using plugin versions not compatible with Windows 2000 or that might be prevented to be detected by K-meleon?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2022 04:40PM by JohnHell.

Date: November 23, 2022 12:07AM

JohnHell
Read the FAQ here:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/wiki/FAQ#Plugins

There are specific setting for each plugin, so I doubt you disabled them all.

Check the preferences (at about:config) filtered by "plugin." (without quotes).

If you don't find them disabled, nor "globally", might be your system (maybe banned by the antivirus software).

In any case, you could copy the plugin files to the plugins directory in the K-meleon root folder, as stated in the FAQ page provided above and on the side panel of the site.

If still doesn't work..., I couldn't tell. Might be you are using plugin versions not compatible with Windows 2000 or that might be prevented to be detected by K-meleon?

This has been a very good help.
I found that the plugin.scan.plid.all preference was set to false.
I have set it to true and the problem is solved.
The preference set to false prevented the browser from scanning the Windows registry for plugins.
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Plugin_scanning

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2022 12:10AM by Cixert.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: November 23, 2022 12:08PM

Cool smiling smiley

Now would be interesting to know how it happened, as, as far as I know, there isn't a GUI switch to toggle it :-? or I may be wrong too.

Was the Gecko K-meleon or the roytam's Goanna K-meleon for Windows 2000? Maybe he set to disabled (and I'm now lazy and tired to check by myself tongue sticking out smiley)

Date: November 28, 2022 08:13PM

It is Goanna by Roytam1.
I don't know how it could have happened.
I have a pref.js file with my preferences that I paste into a browser when I first install.
I'm checking, and that preference is not on my list, but I have several browsers that have had the same problem. K-Meleon, Firefox, New Moon, Serpent...

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.