General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Spacebar hot key problem
Posted by: cpm1a
Date: August 07, 2019 08:34PM

CTRL VK_SPACE doesn't work for me
wanted to assign to macros(pref_ToggleImages)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2019 08:35PM by cpm1a.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Spacebar hot key problem
Posted by: siria
Date: August 09, 2019 05:13PM

cpm1a
CTRL VK_SPACE doesn't work for me
wanted to assign to macros(pref_ToggleImages)

CTRL VK_SPACE = macros(pref_ToggleImages)

Sorry, don't know either why it doesn't work. No experts around anymore...
All I can tell is that it's not your fault:
that shortcut is completely correct, works fine in my KM1.6 ;-)

Just wild guessing:
there are some extra important shortcuts (by system?) which are harder to be overruled by users.
Or a browser bug? It could depend on the KM-version, or the windows version, or installed plugins, hardware etc.
For similar problems it sometimes helps to not modify the profile settings, but directly the default settings, in this case file browser/preferences/defaults/settings/accel.cfg
Another usual suspect is to check the file encoding, sometimes it helps to convert it to UTF-8
The next attempt is usually to google for the same prob with FIREFOX, not K-Meleon, because the engine is almost identic and there are LOTS more answers.
And turns out the web is full with complaints that CTRL+Space doesn't work as desired, also in other programs!

THIS sounds promising: an old Windows bug caused by Chinese/Japan/Korean languages:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/179119/how-to-prevent-windows-xp-from-stealing-my-input-ctrl-space-which-is-meant-for-e
Worth testing...

And searching for firefox brings up this, sounds like it's also a dev decision if users can change CTRL+Space or not: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=435164

Being curious, I googled a bit more, then unzipped omni.ja and searched for "bindings" files, and files with ctrl space inside text. That brought up some interesting files for native firefox shortcuts, like platformHTMLBindings.xml. I always thought those don't work anyway in K-Meleon, which has all its shortcuts in accel.cfg, but who knows. The surprising part was that in this file they don't use VK_Space, just simply a blank. If that matters? No idea.
<handler event="keypress" key=" " modifiers="shift" command="cmd_scrollPageUp" />
<handler event="keypress" key=" " command="cmd_scrollPageDown" />
Perhaps fiddling inside that xml-file may help? But probably no macro commands possible there. Or 2 system commands together?

Posted by: anonymous
Date: August 09, 2019 07:56PM

I hope nobody tries to assign multiple shortcuts to one macro.

@siria
Maybe this was a request to toggle image visibility without load or refresh using a shortcut. There are old user macros for that.

Posted by: cpm1a_new
Date: August 10, 2019 08:06AM

> For similar problems it sometimes helps to not modify the profile settings, but directly the default settings

2 siria
awesome! CTRL VK_SPACE = macros(pref_ToggleImages) DOES work in K-Meleon\browser\defaults\settings\accel.cfg
thanks a lot!

> Maybe this was a request to toggle image visibility without load or refresh using a shortcut. There are old user macros for that
exactly what i need... where can i get these macros?

Date: August 10, 2019 04:37PM

cpm1a_new
awesome! CTRL VK_SPACE = macros(pref_ToggleImages) DOES work in K-Meleon\browser\defaults\settings\accel.cfg

Oh... so easy? Thought it were a real prob, now surprised myself... Great! grinning smiley

cpm1a
> Maybe this was a request to toggle image visibility without load or refresh using a shortcut. There are old user macros for that
exactly what i need... where can i get these macros?

Can you describe more detailed what you need and what for?
(am also waiting for anonymous to tell which he meant exactly ;-) Suppose something with a src-toggle?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2019 04:45PM by siria.

Date: August 10, 2019 04:58PM

> Can you describe more detailed what you need and what for?

i badly miss the Author/User mode of good old Opera 12 and need something similar

Date: August 10, 2019 09:14PM

@cpm1a
Looks like you assigned two shortcuts to one macro. There were lots of Opera users. Macros should be in this forum.

@siria
Similar to your stylekiller macro, with document.images to get the tags and toggling hidden=true/false. Needs extensions to catch the rest.

Date: August 11, 2019 07:24AM

@siria
Toggling "disabled" is wrong. It works in Gecko 1.x and newer versions with backup=src followed by src=null to hide the image. Next click restores src and removes backup.

Re: Spacebar hot key problem / imagekiller
Date: August 11, 2019 09:15AM

anonymous
Toggling "disabled" is wrong. It works in Gecko 1.x and newer versions with backup=src followed by src=null to hide the image. Next click restores src and removes backup.

Yep that's what I was considering from the start, a src-toggle. Like the old image nuke to remove single images. Had soon realized that the disable-tag from stylesheets doesn't work on images.
Have the script now finally working! Not perfect, not catching all images everywhere, and can so far only handle 1 iframe level, but a lot faster as reloading the whole page.
A minor prob, it can't realize yet if a page was already loaded with images or not, in that case the script must be run 2x to work. And another possible prob if the page has mixed images, some loaded, some others not... There's probably a solution for that, dimly remember something about a 'loaded' or blocked/broken image state or such, used in another old macro...
But the killer prob for all injected macro scripts are IFRAMES which are not from the exactly same host! Not just from the same domain, but for scripts it must obviously be even the same subdomain! Sigh, and this catch is not solvable. For such cases the simple toggle+reload page must be used again.
Anyway, for now just want to finally wrap up the macro into a usable state ;-)

Date: August 11, 2019 11:35AM

The "disabled attribute" was a TYPO. The "hidden attribute" toggles images in KM built with Gecko 2.0 and newer, but sites may have visible and hidden images. Only previously hidden images with a backup should be restored.

Date: August 15, 2019 10:56PM

@siria
Thanks for the imagekiller hints. Had removeAttribute in the macro and not src=null. Not touching broken images to prevent reload attempts. No problems with different domains. Need a test site and some modifications to test this in KM 1.x. versions.

Date: August 16, 2019 09:03AM

If anyone needs, the first macro "togimgreloadweb" is finished here:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,149995,150014#msg-150014

That tiny macro just combines the native commands for Toggle images + reload web, plus keyboard shortcut, nothing else.
This is reliable, just slow. Except if manually toggling the browser offline first, then super fast.
It's also a nice little example macro for beginners. No javascript inside.

(The other discussion in THIS topic here is about a completely different macro:
trying to use javascript, to avoid whole page reloads)

Date: August 16, 2019 09:37AM

========= other macro: image toggle with JAVASCRIPT ========

anonymous
Had removeAttribute in the macro and not src=null. Not touching broken images to prevent reload attempts. No problems with different domains. Need a test site and some modifications to test this in KM 1.x. versions.

Am not sure if KM1.x really has bigger probs as KM7x in this case, but may be, haven't tested yet except with KM74.
Just so many bugs and probs everywhere, sigh.... Must admit, after having wasted far too much time trying to get that pesky offline-toggle included, and running again and again against that old wall of macrolanguage+JS bugs and engine RESTRICTIONS and XXS barriers etc (worst bug: zero chance to toggle a setting, running a bit JS, then toggling back), have now currently moved back again to some other macros. Of my big pile of unfinished macros with a much higher priority as this one, which has at least already a basic 2-command solution (toggle+reload). Not the fastest way, but by far the only reliable solution. Somehow most of that stuff starts out as a tiny cute 10-20 line js-scriptlet at the beginning, then various probs or even just imaginable future probs start emerging, and the tiny new macros start growing, growing, growing into a monster, sometimes even exploding up to novel size, with 30 menu lines or more... And as soon as one prob is finally solved, another one starts showing up, or even two! It never ends, grmpf.

Anyway, for now have put this one on the backburner. Although a rough js-version is already working (stylekiller method, just toggling ALL src tags empty/filled, plus 1-level iframes), and basically just needs a permanent pref toggle included before posting a first Beta version. Adding the pref should be easy, still planning to post this in a while. But otherwise that macro will be absolutely imperfect, and remain so. Just too many unsolvable problems for a general image toggle by handling single images.
One of the worst is forbidden XSS access for macros/userscripts in iframes of other (sub)domains. Although websites can happily crosslink scripts and load stuff as much as they like, from any (evil) foreign domains they want, and even embed invisibly whole pages from other domains. But USERS (macro-scripts) are forbidden to even ask for the contentWindow-location of an iframe, if it doesn't have the exact same domain, and that even means the exact same SUBdomain! (just as example that even the most harmless things are forbidden, am aware that macros get at least the $FrameURL - but not by script)
Wonder if that permission prob may have gotten better meanwhile in KM76? Perhaps at least all subdomains now accessible, from www.domain.com? Until now have only tried in KMG74, which still suffers from the exact same bugs and lacking permissions as KM1.x

Sadly such missing privileges for macro-scripts, plus killer bugs in JS or macrolanguage, have meanwhile killed most of my macros. And also some completely unnecessary macro restrictions, like being allowed to transfer only a ridiculously tiny 4kB string from injectJS back into macros, or max 64kB for readfile, or min 1 second for a js-timer, etc. All those probs are wasting 90% of my writing time, along with missing JS skills, both killing nearly all fun too sad smiley Sorry for the novel. Just so frustrating and such a waste of time, with far too few finished macros.

But back to this image toggle, why I don't hold much hope for it. Even without any iframe probs, there are just so many special probs involved with toggling images by JS:
single ones may be broken, others may be blocked, some can be dynamically created, switching the source when users do a certain action, or depend on screen size etc. Yet another one: background images. Have attached an example.

Not sure how many of those complicated probs could eventually be worked around. Hardly by myself, extremely slow due to lack of JS skills, and would surely grow the thing into another monster macro - and in the end still buggy (while other macros with *much* higher priority never get finished)
But in general I see not enough need for this JS-method anyway. So my current plan is to some day post just the basic version which is nearly finished already, for simple quick non-perfect toggles. If a more reliable function is needed, users can simply toggle the pref and reload, as before, no prob at all.
That only thing which could have made this perfect is to include an offline-toggle in the tiny 2-command-macro. Un extremely simple thing, but doesn't work due to old JS/macro bugs. And whatever workarounds and tricks I could think of so far, trying long and hard, still no chance sad smiley Really should better spend this time on highly important other macros.

Attachments: PROB-1_backpics.png (20.6 KB)  
Date: August 16, 2019 12:28PM

i used your "TogImgReloadWeb" as a template for macro Toggle JS + Reload

can you help help with yet another macro: оpеn current page in Opera 12 (i will paste the path myself) and bind Ctrl+S?

>So my current plan is to some day post just the basic version which is nearly finished already, for simple quick non-perfect toggles.

thanks!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2019 05:32PM by cpm1a_new.

Date: August 16, 2019 05:35PM

@siria
I was looking for an example of iframes from different hosts. Appended a line of CSS for your same host background-image example. If the injected script finds no backups, the macro injects background:url('') for html * to remove all background images. Backups for background images need more lines.

Date: August 16, 2019 07:28PM

anonymous
I was looking for an example of iframes from different hosts. Appended a line of CSS for your same host background-image example. If the injected script finds no backups, the macro injects background:url('') for html * to remove all background images. Backups for background images need more lines.

Have so for only a few iframe examples for my other macros, but none for images yet:
http://www.verticalbrowser.com/firefoxtest.htm (2 iframes, bottom other subdomain)
https://www.digitalinformationworld.com/2019/07/youtube-reevaluating-video-views.html
http://www.agarscientific.com/iframe-test (just youtube)
(same subdomain for comparison)
https://wiki.selfhtml.org/extensions/Selfhtml/example.php/Beispiel:HTML_iframe-Element.html

cpm1a_new
another macro: оpеn current page in Opera 12 (i will paste the path myself) and bind Ctrl+S?

You can do this yourself, just take the native "IE" macro from the macros folder and copy it.
Shorten the 10 lines inside this module to 2 lines only:

_IE_Open{
$_prog="C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\iexplore.exe";
exec("\"".$_prog."\" ".$_IE_Open);
}

and rename all "IE"s to "Opera"
setaccel line as in the image macro, use "macros(Opera_OpenPage)" to open the current page.
If you want a shortcut to open links too, that needs a 2nd shortcut.

But CTRL+S is a bad idea. This is the standard shortcut to "Save this file/page" in just about all programs and KM too....

Posted by: hermes
Date: August 17, 2019 07:31AM

@cpm1a (ruboard)

RU

к появившемуся пункту "Open in Opera" в контекстном меню hotkey прикрутить можно?

as example / как пример
$_OPERA_WAY_="\""."C:\\USERs\\ADMiN\\Desktop\\OPERA.eXe\"";

_OPEN_in_OPERA_{exec($_OPERA_WAY_." ".$URL);}
_OPEN_in_OPERA_KEY_{setaccel("ALT O","macros(_OPEN_in_OPERA_)");
}
$OnInit=$OnInit."_OPEN_in_OPERA_KEY_;";

Replace path with path to your application / замените путь на путь к вашему приложению.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2019 07:34AM by hermes.

Date: August 17, 2019 08:34AM

@hermes

i created _OPEN_in_OPERA_.KMM
--------
$_OPERA_WAY_="\""."d:\\Programs\\operausb1218en\\opera.exe\"";

}
---------
put the file into \K-Meleon\macros\
doesn't work. wot am i doing wrong?

Re: Spacebar hot key problem / open page with Opera
Date: August 17, 2019 09:46AM

Didn't try, just an idea, perhaps commandlines in Opera are a bit more complicated?
https://forums.opera.com/topic/11382/open-url-using-command-line

Date: August 17, 2019 10:39AM

@siria

1) thanks for pointing to the "IE" macro, but mine seems to have a different structure. didn't get it how to shorten 10 lines to 2. after trial-error for 2 hours i just changed the executable name

$__data=readreg("HKCR","Applications\\OPERA.EXE\\shell\\open\\command\\");

and the context sub-menu item title/hotkey. it works now!
2) only i would like to remove "Send Page To" and leave a simple single context menu (not a sub-menu!) item "Open in Opera". it would be just perfect! is it possible?
-----------------
3) i Ctrl+S in Opera 12 to save as *.mht and it works perfect

i tried MHT Service 3 with Pro 76.2 GoAnna and it turned out unusable:
-- frequent error messages
-- doesn't see "Use this Download Folder"
-- won't save print versions like this one
https://forum.guns.ru/forum_light_message/64/1850873.html (it's a fan club, i am topic starter, m1k3)
-----------------
now i will just Ctrl+S twice!
any better ideas?
4) how do YOU save to singe file?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2019 10:49AM by cpm1a_new.

Date: August 17, 2019 03:07PM

cpm1a_new
1) thanks for pointing to the "IE" macro, but mine seems to have a different structure.
didn't get it how to shorten 10 lines to 2.

Your IE macro has the same structure. In KMG76.2 it's still the version from 2008.
I simply meant to exchange this part of it:

_IE_Open{
# try to locate the Program Files directory:
$__data=readreg("HKLM","SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\ProgramFilesDir");
$__data==""?$__data="C:\\"._("Program Files"):0;
# fallback command line:
$_IE="\"".$__data."\\Internet Explorer\\iexplore.exe\" %1";
# try to get IE's command line from the registry:
$__data=readreg("HKCR","Applications\\iexplore.exe\\shell\\open\\command\\");
# catch invalid IE7 registry data:
index($__data,".")>index($__data,"%1")?$__data="":0;
$__data==""?0:$_IE=$__data; exec(sub("%1",urldecode($_IE_Open),$_IE));
}

with this:

_IE_Open{
$_prog="C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\iexplore.exe";
exec("\"".$_prog."\" ".$_IE_Open);
}

Not so difficult?
But the commandline doesn't seem to work, if Hermes version is broken than mine is too, because basically both macros are doing the same.

cpm1a_new
1)after trial-error for 2 hours i just changed the executable name

Congrats smiling smiley But that this works makes me suspect the commandline syntax yet more.
Can you check which commandline you have stored in the registry exactly?
Either by looking inside, or use your current (long) macro to put the string into the clipboard.
You could add 2 lines just for checking:
alert($__data,"commandline from reg:");
setclipboard($__data);

cpm1a_new
only i would like to remove "Send Page To" and leave a simple single context menu (not a sub-menu!) item "Open in Opera"

If you don't need all those additional options to also open Opera from a link, or image, or URLBAR, then just forget that long IE-version. Simply take again the first example macro (TogImgReloadWeb), and replace the 2 lines for image-toggle and page-reload, like this:

OperaOpen{
macroinfo="Open this page in Opera Browser";
macros("pref_ToggleImages");
id(ID_NAV_RELOAD);
$_prog="d:\\Programs\\operausb1218en\\launcher.exe";
exec("\"".$_prog."\" --ran-launcher --remote ".$URL);
}

Of course, exchange also the various names and menu text with Opera, but you managed that already with the JS-toggle smiling smiley

But:
the commandline middle part is just guessing, from the forum link I posted above.
It's well possible that it doesn't work in your case, because operausb is a portable version.
If it doesn't work, you can either check what your REAL commandline is in registry, and exchange the string above.

OR use your own solution again, with reading the command string at every execution again from the registry. Like this:

OperaOpen{
macroinfo="Open this page in Opera Browser";
$_prog=readreg("HKCR","Applications\\OPERA.EXE\\shell\\open\\command\\");
exec(sub("%1",$URL,$_prog));
}

Disclaimer:
have nothing tested, just theory again :cool:

Date: August 17, 2019 03:18PM

only i would like to remove "Send Page To" and leave a simple single context menu (not a sub-menu!) item "Open in Opera"

Just realize you didn't mean the macro above, but wanted to change the DEFAULT menu!
And you're using KM76Pro.
The SendTo popup will disappear when it's empty inside.
Try this:
disable macros "IE" and "IETAB75"

Again, just theory, no idea if other macros appear inside too.

Date: August 17, 2019 03:25PM

Another idea, for the general example macro:
Did you know you can set icons for macro commands?
Since KM75 rather easy, like this:

setcmdicon("macros(xxxx)", "image.png");

If you wanna try, place the line next to the setaccel line.
Exchange "image.png" with the real image name.
Place the image into folder ../K-Meleon/skins/shared/

(if someone needs custom icons in an older KM-version, that was more complicated:
Place an image into folder ../K-Meleon/skins/default/
Toolbar buttons can be defined either by macro or in manually toolbars.cfg.
MENU icons could only be defined in the current skin folder in file menuicons.cfg, by adding for example:
macro_myMacroImage.bmp{
macros(myMacro_openXXX)
macros(myMacro_openZZZ)
}

(for every macro action 1 line, the different images can be merged together in a row)

[_HowTo_ menuicons for macros howto]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2019 03:26PM by siria.

Date: August 17, 2019 05:00PM

@cpm1a_new

cpm1a_new
@hermes

i created _OPEN_in_OPERA_.KMM
--------

}
---------
put the file into \K-Meleon\macros\
doesn't work. wot am i doing wrong?

RU
Страница откроется в внешнем приложении при нажатии хоткея, в данном случае ALT + буква [ O / Щ ].
Могу записать видео. Всё работает. В KM идем на нужную страницу, нажимаем комбинацию клавиш и эта страница открывается в нужном вам приложении. Я проверил на 12-ой опере, всё работает как часы. Проблема может быть при назначении этого хоткея и на другие операции, тут можно сменить букву. Всегда пробуйте отлаживать на простых путях и чистом дистрибутиве, потом переносите в свой основной. И да, включите наконец английскую раскладку по умолчанию. Про второй вопрос (ruboard), это файл menus.cfg.

EN
Page will open in an external application when you press hotkey, in this case ALT + letter O (RU - Щ). I can record a video example. Everything is working. In KM we go to desired page, press hotkey combination and this page opens in application what you need. I checked on 12th Opera, everything works like a clock. The problem may be when assigning this hotkey to other operations, here you can change this letter. Always try to debug on simple paths and a clean distribution, then transfer to your main one.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2019 05:24PM by hermes.

Date: August 17, 2019 08:26PM

@siria
>Did you know you can set icons for macro commands?
NO. thanks, i set icons for JS on/off and Images on/off toggle

@hermes
>I can record a video example. Everything is working.
checked again. it works. EN is surely default

1) how do i add a context menu item? i tried to, but didn't succeed
2) "Page Properties" disabled. what about "View Page Info"?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2019 09:50AM by cpm1a_new.

Date: August 18, 2019 06:32AM

@cpm1a_new

RU
Вопрос нужно уточнить, модифицировать можно практически любое меню.
Что и куда Вы хотите добавить? Можно своими словами.

"View Page Info", не встречается в базовом исходном чистом дистрибутиве.
Если вы имеете в виду т.н. 'pro' версию, уточните какую именно и что за меню.

EN
The question needs to be clarified; almost any menu can be modified.
What and where do you want to add? You can in your own words.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2019 06:59AM by hermes.

Date: August 18, 2019 07:16AM

@hermes
>The question needs to be clarified; almost any menu can be modified. What and where do you want to add?
1) your macro _OPEN_in_OPERA_ works. i just want to have "Open in Opera" context menu item for it wheh right-clicking a page.
2) how do i remove "View Page Info" when right-clicking a page? not a major issue tho. K-Meleon Pro 76.2 GoAnna
thanx

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2019 07:17AM by cpm1a_new.

Date: August 18, 2019 02:08PM

@cpm1a_new

RU
В исходном пакете никакого 'View Page Info' нет. Вы используете старый AdBlock.
Пункт меню зашит в файле KmeleonMain.js внутри omni.ja в папке browser.
Вы переписали оригинальный файл, когда распаковывали этот старый вариант AdBlock'a.
Верните файл omni.ja от оригинала и пункт исчезнет. Настоятельно рекомендую
обратиться к ABPrime:
(EN) http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?19,146713

Насчет пункта в меню, возьмем простой пример, а вы его измените, если потребуется.
Поскольку открыть может потребоваться и фрейм, лучше добавить так, чтобы был везде.
Откроем файл browser\defaults\settings\menus.cfg. Найдем
# ----- Fullscreen

kFullscreen{
%ifplugin fullscreen
Fu&ll Screen=fullscreen()
%endif
}
изменим
# ----- Fullscreen

kFullscreen{
OPERA=macros(_OPEN_in_OPERA_)

%ifplugin fullscreen
Fu&ll Screen=fullscreen()
%endif
}
Пункт есть. Это просто абстрактный пример. Макросы включаются в любые меню очень просто.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2019 02:18PM by hermes.

Date: August 18, 2019 06:51PM

Yeah, either edit menus.cfg (and keep a copy to not lose you changes at next update).
Or add a setmenu line in the macro which creates the used function (to open Opera).

Date: August 19, 2019 04:33AM

>Or add a setmenu line in the macro which creates the used function (to open Opera)

@siria

this is what i also would like to do as maybe a better option for me, but didn't succeed even having your template at hand. can you help? the macro is:

_OPEN_in_OPERA_KEY_{setaccel("CTRL S","macros(_OPEN_in_OPERA_)");
}

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2019 04:35AM by cpm1a_new.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.