General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Lots of memory resources needed
Posted by: kristof
Date: November 23, 2001 09:55AM

Kmeleon is indeed fast but on my computer it uses more memory resources than outlook or IE !! When I have a few programs running at the same time it really slows down my other programs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lots of memory resources needed
Posted by: Bernard Mercier
Date: November 23, 2001 07:31PM

K-meleon is a browser and Outlook has nothing to do with this.
IE takes MB on my machine and K-meleon takes 18 MB.

But don't forget Windows preloads code which is used for IE as well, so a comparaison is unfair to make.

Just for info, NS 4.78 takes 9.6 MB and Mozilla 0.9.6 23.3 MB.

So K-meleon isn't too bad I and think (well I hope) that in later releases work will be done to reduce the memory foorprint.

Bernard

Re: Lots of memory resources needed
Posted by: ThatGuy
Date: December 11, 2001 05:07AM

Yea i noticed that too and had made a comment in older posts,,you say 23megs,,well i run win2K-sp2, and i have tried a lot of other browsers,,(all junk)I really like K-Meleon the best so far,,but i have noticed it will gobble up memory very badly,,I have seen it up to 35megs,,and thats just not tolerable for me,,I will not run it for now,,but i will keep a eye out for new releases and maybe something will be done about its memory consumption,,TIP!,,when it gets real high you can minimize it to the taskbar and raise it back up and it will drop down to hardly nothing ,but will climb back up pretty quick eating memory,,also you mentioned outlook using a lot of memory,,may want to try Becky internet email!,,its great and low memory usage.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.