Whew, 18 Megs!
Posted by: Hakan
Date: August 26, 2000 03:44AM

It takes up 18 megs of ram, as opposed to the nine-something of Netscape 4.x. And it loads very slowly, compared to IE 5.x. Finally, I'd add to all this that the IE-3-ish interface is visually a disaster.

RE: Whew, 18 Megs!
Posted by: Foo
Date: August 27, 2000 12:50AM

If, by IE 3 interface, you mean the background pattern, go to View->Background Image and uncheck it.

Posted by: Nanaki Son of Seto
Date: August 27, 2000 05:49PM

Personally, for me it is faster than Nestcape Navigator (most recent version), uses less memory, more stable than any Netscape in memory, and slightly better output than IE (which IMHO, has much better output than any Netscape in existance)

Posted by: deusSrv
Date: September 01, 2000 09:50PM

This is a piece of @!#$, not a browser. DOn't care about source-code. This isn't usable, this isn't real. Idiots - keep using it...

Posted by: Greg
Date: September 04, 2000 08:02PM

deusSrv,

what the hell is your problem? if you are set against this project so much why do you keep coming back and replying to new posts?????

just go to msn.com and stay there with your beloved IE browser.

Posted by: Sean
Date: October 13, 2000 08:29PM

This browser uses only about 12-16 megs of ram on my machine, and it loads incredibly fast, too. I double click on the image and the browser is there instantly. It gets there faster than the Windows Explorer. IE 5.5 takes 2-3 times as long, and if you use it for more than half an hour, it's taking up a good 13+ megs anyway. I've actually seen IEXPLORE.EXE take up over 25 megs on my machine once. Also, this k-meleon browser is considerably more stable than any other browser I have ever used.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.