General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Some more questions from a newbie
Posted by: Silver
Date: November 24, 2001 10:38AM

OK get ready for this, i've got a few questions and i hope someone can help me with them!

1: I've been using KM most of last night however i have noticed that my favourites links are all buggered up.

The folders are there for me to view with all my links in however nothing happens when i click on them, worst of all is one of my biggest folders with alot of links in is on the KM browser but not in the organize links option!?!?!

2: I have also noticed that since i've installed KM my screen doesn't refresh itself. By this i mean that when i've finished using KM for surfing etc and close it by clicking on the X the screen still has the KM browser on, however when i then say open MS outlook and close this, KM is gone and i can see my desktop!?!

3: I've got an account with IF.com and when i used to load the homepage in IE it had a shockwaveflash banner on the it. When i tried to view the same page through KM the banner was gone and it asked me to download the SW plugin, which i did, installed it but nothing has happened, it still asks me to download it everytime.

Sorry if i'm being a pain, but i'd really like to get ride of IE once and for all and start using KM!

Again, any help is appreciated!

Thankx

Silver

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Some more questions from a newbie
Posted by: noah
Date: November 25, 2001 02:56AM

First of all, calm down a bit and take adeep breath. There, now for the first two questions, I cant make heads or tails of it, its jibberish. About shockwave, try copying the plugin into the K-Meleon plugin directory, if its installed already. Your on the right track about Microsoft though.

Posted by: noah
Date: November 25, 2001 03:10AM

Sorry,that was a bit harsh. Try to remember that K-Meleon is a work in progress,and its going to have some bugs. But you did good to find it decide to dump IE. Keep trying , you'll get it. Another word of advice, dump Outlook as soon as possible.

Posted by: rhys
Date: November 25, 2001 08:30AM

Hi Silver

On you point 2, do you have the Loader installed and what is it set to?

....if its installed you will be able to see the K-Meleon icon in the system tray. Right click on the icon to check the configuration.

I have found on my system that if I use the default configuration setting ("Fast") it works fine, however, if I increase the setting to "Faster" (i.e. Precreate the Browser Window and Preload the Browser) than I get the same problem that you experience...that is, when I shut down K-Meleon it will still leave an image of the Browser window on the screen until I next refresh the screen.

Posted by: Silver
Date: November 25, 2001 09:57PM

Kool, it worked, thankx mate!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.