General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
About increasing max connections and workers
Posted by: J.G.
Date: February 01, 2022 10:38PM

Hi you all KMeleon users, I have been testing for some weeks with the same max connections and max workers per domain as latest Firefox version just to see what would happen here. Unexpectedly, I have found no problems, no CPU higher loads or waste of RAM. A better and faster browsing experience have been noticed. These good benefits are better noticeable with the current KMeleon Goanna version 20220129 (which inmho is one of the best releases by @Roytam1 considering stability and fluent browsing). Also I have increased max script_run_time values to 90 (even a value of 60 gave me a warning one time at Youtube, however with 90 no warning was observed anymore). Please remember that these tweaks are only for experimenting, however they are good enough imho to put them into consideration for future proposals. Yours, J.G.

network.http.max-connections;900 * same as Firefox 96
dom.workers.maxPerDomain;512 * same as Firefox 96
dom.max_child_script_run_time;90
dom.max_chrome_script_run_time;90
dom.max_script_run_time;90

Note: to edit these options, just write about:config at URL bar and seek for them.
Note2: if no SSD, disabling disk cache increases speed: browser.cache.disk.enable;false

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2022 03:16AM by J.G..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: About increasing max connections and workers
Posted by: RJJIII
Date: February 02, 2022 03:44AM

Thanks for the tip/experiments! I'm going to give this setup a try for Feburary. I can post my results at the end of the month. If I don't reply to this thread, feel free to remind me.

Take care

Re: About increasing max connections and workers
Posted by: RJJIII
Date: February 22, 2022 03:04AM

Is this still working well for you? I've noticed a slight speed increase. Some script-heavy sites like Youtube that used to throw errors (I guess for bogging down too long?) no longer error out. There are still some script-heavy sites that just stop K-Meleon in its tracks, but when I test them against a default install the default install also hangs.

Also, are others using custom prefs here? And what are the (theoretical?) benefit of the default values?

Thanks again!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.