General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Work Offline?
Posted by: olorin
Date: November 25, 2001 12:05AM

One thing that bugs me (just about the only thing, in fact smiling smiley ) is that I have to connect to use it. I notice it does have a cache, which is uses very well, but I can't seem to find an option to force it to use the cache without connecting first. Is there such a feature?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Work Offline?
Posted by: po
Date: November 25, 2001 12:11AM

doesn't setting 'cache comparison' (under preferences>cache) to 'never' work?

Date: November 25, 2001 03:25PM

Ah... clever... Should work.

Date: November 25, 2001 03:52PM

Hmm... I haven't actually tested it, but I'm trying to set up a menu option to do that. I wrote the following macro:

Offline {
setpref(INT, browser.cache.check_doc_frequency, 2)
}

to do that, and set a menu item to do it. But it doesn't seem to do anything. Am I just being stupid, or is this a bug? (I'm guessing the former winking smiley )

Date: November 25, 2001 11:11PM

umm... at this point it could be the latter, since some of the macros for changing preferences seem to work better than others... i haven't tried that particular one, but if i get a chance later, i will... see if we're both stupid ;-)

--- po

Date: November 26, 2001 01:41AM

ok... if it makes you feel any better, i couldn't make it work either, as a setpref() or a togglepref()... so maybe we're both stupid, or maybe it just doesn't work.

i suspect that some pref settings just don't lend themselves to being manipulated in this way, as good as it sounds in theory... the set/togglepref macros seem to work anywhere from really well (font size, for example) to not at all (in this case, or for javascript settings) or sometimes somewhere in between (like with image loading behavior, which works well enough on some pages, but not on others). maybe there's some kind of mozilla security thinger in place that prevents certain things from being changed in this manner? i dunno. hopefully somebody has an answer, sooner or later.

-- viva Things That Don't Work Yet! --

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.