General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
History Files
Posted by: Derek H
Date: December 03, 2001 03:15PM

It seems that it is impossible to delete your HIstory files. This kind of renders the privacy functions on KM irrelevant. This is the only problem I have with KM, but it's a serious security hole which for me renders it unuseable. Unless someone can explain how I can delete the history files, i'll be back using Internet Explorer, unfortunately.

Best wishes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: History Files
Posted by: Brian
Date: December 03, 2001 03:22PM

if you mean the list under the 'url' box, that's stored in prefs.js. it's documented fairly well on the documentation page, as well as 3 or 4 times in this very forum.

Posted by: Derek H
Date: December 03, 2001 03:28PM

That's right, i want to delete the URL history. I've followed aprevious thread about this problem, and had the same difficulties. When you try to delete the history files, it asks you whether you wish to save the changes. I hit 'yes', and the files are still there on the URL bar. What am I doing wrong?

I appreciate your help.

Posted by: po
Date: December 04, 2001 01:21AM

you'll probably have to edit the prefs.js file manually in notepad after you completely exit k-meleon (you might want to create a shortcut to it)... there's a problem saving from the preferences dialog in the current release.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.