General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Favorites are "ghosted out"
Posted by: Joshua Skinner
Date: December 04, 2001 02:17AM

The URLS in my first three Favorites folders appear in black and function normally. The URLs in fourth Favorites folder through the last folder are ghosted out and do not work. Clicking on a ghosted URL has no effect. It's almost as if K-Meleon grabbed the titles to the URLs, but not the URLs themselves. If I go into Edit Favorites I can double click on any URL and K-Meleon will load the site normally.

I also had no sucess using Bookmarks from Netscape 6.2. They don't appear in K-Meleon at all.

Joshua Skinner

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Favorites are "ghosted out"
Posted by: Brian
Date: December 04, 2001 05:12AM

that's fixed in the new version. it has to do with the 512 favorite limit.

Posted by: Joshua Skinner
Date: December 04, 2001 05:27AM

Ok, I have 0.6 now instead of 0.5. Now I actually get an error message that reads; "Error! You have too many favorites! Right now, only 512 favorites are supported".

I still can't use a bunch of my Favorites, but at least KM told me what was wrong.

Is there a newer version that fixes this?

I did export my Netscape bookmarks before the 0.6 setup and point KM to that file so the bookmarks now work even if the "Favorites" don't.

Joshua Skinner

Posted by: Brian Meehan
Date: December 04, 2001 03:40PM

I have version 0.6, build 547, and I have many bookmarks "ghosted out". I did not upgrade from an earlier version. I also did not get the error.

Other than that, and some Java weirdness, I really like this browser, and have recommended it to others.

Posted by: Brian
Date: December 04, 2001 03:46PM

yeah, for some random reason, the bookmarks have a limit of 1024. Don't ask why you can have twice as many bookmarks, because I really don't know.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.