General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: >>K-Meleon 0.8.2+ Wechselbalg is ready!<<
Posted by: Fast Sjonny
Date: September 07, 2004 04:27AM

Hi Al,

That's great news!
I never tried that bonuspack, because it was an exe instead of zip.
Now I did and although most icons are there, I could not find the 'Googles' but okay...

So, N, it is possible (as I mentioned before) but you have to edit the toolbars.cfg and some icons are not there. When Al is willing to extend the bar with icons for the Googlebar you can use it for most or all functions we made available with this build.

One thing I don't like, but that's the same for most other themes, the icons for the extra functions are smaller (16px) then the normal toolbar (21px), what is not very nice when you want to use them in one bar/ as one combined bar.

Jan.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Al.
Date: September 07, 2004 04:35AM

One thing I don't like, but that's the same for most other themes, the icons for the extra functions are smaller (16px) then the normal toolbar (21px), what is not very nice when you want to use them in one bar/ as one combined bar.

Take another look. The regular toolcold, toolhot and tooldead bitmaps have the normal size icons in them as well. As Early Blue was the first theme I did with a Bonus Pack, and as I was also taking special requests from ndebord as well, I ended up extending the toolbar with icons as well to cover the included macros. Ndebord wanted all the icons on one toolbar, so that's what I did.

As for an extra googlebar icon, I can whip one up in a jiffy, Early Blue style. Let me know if there's anything else I've overlooked.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: September 07, 2004 05:40AM

Jan,

Thanks, I will see what I can accomplish with cutting and pasting. Maybe I will try the Nautopolis theme once again.

Tks,

N

Date: September 07, 2004 05:44AM

Al,

Thanks for the kind offer. Addons would be appreciated. I'll have to get back to you on this as I'm a tad busy at the moment with work.

Did I tell you that Early Blue is my favorite theme?

<VBG>

N

Re: &gt;&gt;K-Meleon 0.8.2+ Wechselbalg is ready!&lt;&lt;
Date: September 07, 2004 05:48AM

Jan & Al,

Geez, I think I'll just sit back here and wait just a little. It looks like between you, you'll have my favorite theme all nicely redone and wrapped up nicely as a Fall present!

(Big GRIN)

N

Date: September 07, 2004 06:47AM

Alrighty, done. Pretty straightforward really, I just added the additional Google icon to the toolbars (toolhot, toolcold & tooldead bmps) and also to the bonus.bmp (16*16) as well to cater for different toolbar setups. I also updated a few more items within it including the addition of the WIPE utility, which is something I only introduced with later Packs.

Now the Early Blue Bonus Pack contains enough icons to cover not only the macros I have included with the Pack, but also to cover and be compatible with JuJuLand's Privacy Pack as well (which was the original aim).

So ndebord, you can download a new copy now...
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=KMeleonThemesWiki

Date: September 07, 2004 02:28PM

Al,

This is great. I'll just go now and play with my new toy!

Tks,

N

Posted by: guenter
Date: September 07, 2004 02:43PM

@rumpel - danke! - übrigens zwei mal danke -> die deutsche übersetzung beruht auf deiner - jedenfalls der teil, der zu gebrauchen ist!

die vorherige hattest du doch gemacht? ! falls bei meiner was nicht gut ist schreib mir ne mail. gruss aus Hannover

Posted by: Eyes-Only
Date: September 07, 2004 04:57PM

Hi Al!

Just out of curiosity: Do you have that exe file set in such a way so that people using this build 0.8.2+ can accept/refuse the macro file in the bonus pack that you offer? The reason why I ask this is because if I accept the macro file in the bonus pack to "Early Blue" then I lose the "Group Macros", a lot of features under "Help", etc, etc.

But your toolbars.cfg and other files go just to the "Early Blue" theme folder if I remember correctly? It's been a little while since I've installed the bonus pack and you know how my memory works. sad smiley

It's fabulous that you updated your theme to work with this! Thanks! smiling smiley

Cheers!

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"

Date: September 07, 2004 08:27PM

Nice to see that you added the Google-button Al.

But, as you probably already know, I have always something to mention and I miss
the Googlebar-preferences button, we are using for the Googlebar..... ;-))))

A complete different thing is that I think it is time to make a standard for the toolbaricons, I mean how they are ordened in the file.
But that's something I will open a new topic for in development.

Al thx ;-))

Jan

Date: September 07, 2004 09:38PM

Just out of curiosity: Do you have that exe file set in such a way so that people using this build 0.8.2+ can accept/refuse the macro file in the bonus pack that you offer? The reason why I ask this is because if I accept the macro file in the bonus pack to "Early Blue" then I lose the "Group Macros", a lot of features under "Help", etc, etc.

Be careful, as my intention with the Bonus Packs is mainly to add functionality to the regular K-Meleon release, not unofficial releases which have their own exotic macro combinations, as is the case with Wechselbalg. In this case what you need to do is just be careful and edit and swap in what you need and don't need rather than unpacking the whole lot in one foul swoop.

Posted by: marc v
Date: September 08, 2004 03:16AM

Enough with the googlebar already. Are you people insane?
Its the most disgusting piece of spyware, and you making fancy buttons for it? Whose bloody idea was to put this piece of @!#$ in this build in the first place?
Do you read my posts, do you educate yourself?
Google is evil and dangerous, read the net, read the court cases when google was subpoenaed to reveal people's searches. And don't think it wont happen to you.

Posted by: James The Niples
Date: September 08, 2004 04:46AM

where describe bugs? Here or in K-meleon bugs forum?

Date: September 08, 2004 05:03AM

@marc v google bar is from mozilla org - what are You talking about? it is not the bar from google! & if You do not like it, just take out refernces to the jar from installed chrome.text macros andd toolbars! and delete the jar (the later would be sufficiant in a cludgy way.)
@James: some thread here or bugs .- wherever You want.
@ oh - Al You and the words : o )
Is exotic the new synonym for modern and advanced ; o )
obviously the old standart functionality was not suffuciant when things were added.
The new engine simply has the power to add some more as standart.

Date: September 08, 2004 05:28AM

Al,

Hmmm, I did unpack your bonus pack and Early Blue and enabled them from config.

I found a lot of the new macros overkill, so tried an experiment. I zipped up the new .CFG files, then copied over the old .CFG files from KM 0.8.2 (which are further modified by me). It all works well, with the exception of hot keys to the menu (such as <ALT F> for Files, etc. I will have to go and look to see what happened there.

This is, of course, an experiment. I will shortly return to the default and try modifying macros, menus, toolbar, etc., from there.

Some of my old buttons won't work with Early Blue and the new release, so I need to dig into it and try and figure out what I have to do to get it all working right.

Meanwhile, I'm surfing faster and the newer build helps with some sites which need newer Gecko code.

Tks again,

N

Posted by: rumpel
Date: September 08, 2004 05:30AM

@guenter
Hallo guenter (guenter@?????????)
Das meisste in deiner version ist ok.
Ich hatte zuerst Dorians built und dann die Deutsche setup Version.
Die setup Version hatte aber noch die alte menus.cfg.
Beide haben mir nicht so gefallen.Ich hab jetzt die aktuelle englische setup
Version und mach meine eigene Ãœbersetzung.Das dauert aber etwas
weil ich im Sommer nicht so viel Zeit hab.

rumpel

gruss aus dem Kreis Minden-Luebbecke

rumpel@public-files.de

Date: September 08, 2004 05:45AM

Hallo Rumpel,

Du hast gesagt das die setup Version noch die alte menus.cfg hattest.
Das verstehe ich nicht weil hier auf meinem Rechner (wo die Daten stehen) alle menus.cfg datiert sind auf 5/9, und auch allen wirklich gleich sind, aber natürlich übersetzt.
Kannst du angeben was nicht stimmt an der deutsche menus.cfg Version?

M.fr.Gr.,
Jan.

Date: September 08, 2004 05:47AM

wrote a mail already - regards -

p. s.
probbaly my fault!
i was very tired and excited when i had blown the big script!

Date: September 08, 2004 05:59AM

@Fast Sjonny

Ich hatte die erste setup Version und etwas spaeter kam dann
die neue menus.cfg zum download.
Die hab ich dann aber nicht mehr probiert weil ich da schon die englische benutzt hab.
So genau hab ich mir die deutsche Version dann nicht mehr angesehen
und weiss nicht mehr was mich gestoert hat

rumpel

Date: September 08, 2004 06:05AM

falls die mail nicht durchkommt sterntalerBEIhtp-tel.de;
enthält auch ne macro.cfg von der ich glaube, dass sie in ordnung ist.
gehe jetzt ins bett -

am besten wir übersetzen ins platt - dann können wir u. U. zusammen mit Jan eine version haben ; o ))

Date: September 08, 2004 06:06AM

Eyes-Only,

I await your experiments with Early Blue and the new release with bated breath. I too have been hedging my bets, back and forth with it. I've loaded up the new bonus pack and changed Early Blue Theme, but found some problems with it and the new default .CFG files. As an experiment I have copied over the old .CFG files from KM 0.8.2 which have been heavily modified to use some of your tweaks with Al's theme so that I have the email and home button in addition to the Java, JavaScript and Popup buttons. I never got around to using PRIVACY.DLL with any buttons, although that wouldn't be a bad idea, instead I've enabled them as designed on the Main Menu under the heading of "Privacy"

As you know, I try to keep everything on one Navigation toolbar. Almost works, except for layers, which really need that second line to themselves so you can use the links there to navigate around between web sites.

N

Date: September 08, 2004 06:14AM

the same here - need two lines even with the small ikons.
it did not even help cutting the here starts a new bar marker out - for some extra pixels gain. either normal windows and one bar-line or tab-layers and two.

Date: September 08, 2004 12:04PM

@guenter
Hallo guenter
du kannst ja mal meine version von KM 0.8.2+ nautipolis ausprobieren:

http://www.ezshare.de/files/3995/my_KM.zip

rumpel

Date: September 08, 2004 02:01PM

mach ich glatt : o )
-hab grad pfirsiche gepflückt - dabei ist mir so warm geworden, dass ich erst mal am pc ins Forum gucken mußte.

Date: September 08, 2004 02:48PM

I have added a go-button to the boxed-classic theme and also updated the installers.
On the downloadwebsite the theme is also available as a selfextracting exe.
Copy the files into the k-meleon/skins/boxed_classic directory and the Go-button should be available AND working.

On first time startup after installation with the installers, the Go-button is available at the right of the URL-bar.

Updates can be found here: http://www.hch.uwnet.nl/k-meleon

Jan.

Posted by: LizZaRD
Date: September 08, 2004 03:02PM

hi all, just testing the new version. runs quite fast. On my comp(2Ghz AMD) I dont see a speed difference to a firebird 1.5. Nice to see all these macros packed together in 1 release.

I have choosen the nautipolisskin and given him my standard toolbarbackground and it looked familiar instantly ;O)
I installed the rocker-plug in 2, cause I wont miss it. What did you say was the interfering prob? Not mentioned something yet.

Ah, and by the way, my toolbars look a bit overloaded now, with all these buttons (I did place them all on 2 bars) has anyone written a menu.cfg, which holds the file - edit - view - go etc. stuff in a single menuitem (hope this is understandable english ;OP)

Thanks,

LizZaRD

PS: Good work folks!

Posted by: Eyes-Only
Date: September 08, 2004 03:31PM

Hi Al!

Yeah, I was thinking about that after I posted it that all I'd have to do is rename my macros.cfg, and whatever else is in my Profile folder dealing with 0.8.2+, to (A), then click the exe file, save out the .cfg files that the bonus pack installs, rename mine back by removing the (A)---and then I'd have all the new toolbar configurations that you've made for "Early Blue" to go with this and still keep my macros.cfg and the likes in Profiles. smiling smiley

I hope you could get that okie ndebord as it may sound quite confusing where I just rolled out of bed. winking smiley And if I do try this it'll probably be awhile anyway as I have some time coming up with my grandson. smiling smiley

Cheers!

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"

Date: September 08, 2004 07:00PM

Okay, also the other skins do have the Go-button now and to be honost, I can not think of someone what is missing at the moment.....

Conclusion? Now I am going to wait for the new official and in the meantime I will enjoy browsing by this superfast and stable KM 0.8.2+ Wechselbalg ;-)))))

Greetings from Holland,
Jan.

Date: September 08, 2004 11:41PM

Jan,

J>Now I am going to wait for the new official and in the meantime I will enjoy browsing by this superfast and stable KM 0.8.2+ Wechselbalg...

Reallly nice and fast now. Much faster than before. A nice upgrade to my mind!
(g)

N

Date: September 08, 2004 11:47PM

Eyes-Only,

I've got some of it working and some not. I will probably go back and do good old-fashioned cut and paste from the new into the old .CFG files, mainly because what i had was really nicely tweaked (tks to you and others). I'm not sure about the new toolbar configs, as in how many of them I need or want. Too soon to tell if they'll prove invaluable or not.

Meanwhile the speed is astonishing on my Armada m300 PIII-600 with 320 Megs ram. Much faster than the old 1.5 Gecko code. I've heard from others who have state-of-the-art P4s, etc., that the speed difference between this and FF 0.9.3 is neglible, but I can't speak for myself without doing some benchmarking.

Anything in particular you really like about all the new macros and little buttons in this release?

:-)

N

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.