General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Thank you!
Posted by: Dan Nedelko
Date: December 08, 2001 03:06PM

As a programmer myself, and being involved with open source software projects, I know it's not often you hear a couple of words from users ( and no, not the swearing kind!). yawning smiley)

Out of curiosity, I downloaded and installed K-Meleon. It's not for lack of interest in your project. It's simply that I only use windows to port software for work (QT Based multiplatform project), and gaming at home.

But last night I was treated to a nice experience. K-Meleon is a breath of fresh air in a world of browsers that do everything. Simple, quick with a low visual and memory profile.

As a regular crash tester for Mozilla (2-3 nightlys per week) on both win32 and Linux. I have been watching the performace of Moz vs. IE on win32. So it was interesting to watch k-meleon's performance during some normal browsing trials. Very impressive!

From a user to the whole K-Meleon crew, I just wanted to say a resounding thanks. Your hard work is very much appreciatd from this tiny corner of the web.

Sincerely,

Dan

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thank you!
Posted by: RickR
Date: December 11, 2001 06:35PM

Amen! So nice to see reduced clutter.

Re: Thank you!
Posted by: Arual the Wyrd
Date: December 12, 2001 01:13AM

I second the emotion.
When K-Meleon made itself at home in my computer, rearranged the furniture, nd hung up its pictures (so to speak) I just smiled and said "oh, how nice." I've been known to dump proggies within hours after installing for being so forward! Never thought I'd go along with what I normally consider a "pushy attitude". But after several days of sweet surfing with the slickest, simplest bnrowser I've ever seen, I'm giving it the best chair. It deserves to take over.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.