General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
cookies
Posted by: Harry Floyd
Date: December 08, 2001 11:38PM

I'm giving kmeleon a try, but how do I edit/delete my cookies please?
I can't find them.
Harry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: cookies
Posted by: po
Date: December 09, 2001 03:26AM

they're in your profile directory (\kmeleon\profiles\...) ; the file is named cookies.txt, and seems to support editing in notepad, despite the warning in the header... just do it carefully and cleanly, if you want the remaining cookies to work right.

Posted by: Mikal
Date: December 10, 2001 01:25AM

A neat trick it to go to all the specific sites that you use that need cookies (yahoo email, banking, shopping, forums etc...) and get their cookies saved to cookies text. Then set the attribute for the file to read-only. Then you won't get any unwanted cookies and the sites you need them for work. And it's easy to add new ones by temporarily turning off read-only.

Date: December 10, 2001 02:04AM

unfortunately, that neat trick keeps the most useful cookies (like the ones from this forum that remember what you've seen already) from working. =)

Posted by: Mikal
Date: December 10, 2001 12:33PM

Interesting....... I'm using it now and it works. YMMV?

Re: cookies (test - ignore)
Date: December 11, 2001 09:01AM

ok... i'm trying these forums with my cookie file read-only... since no one else is posting, i'll do it myself, and see what happens.

Date: December 11, 2001 09:41AM

as i expected, this thread is now marked as having a new post every time i exit k-meleon, restart it, and return here. mikal, are you using the loader, or otherwise using k-meleon in such a way as to prevent it from being removed from memory between sessions? possibly the 'read-only' status applies only to the file written to disk, but still allows the one k-meleon is actually using at the moment to be written to... in which case, you may be carrying cookies around without knowing it...

this is only a hypothesis.

--- po

Posted by: mikal
Date: December 11, 2001 02:05PM

Po, I don't use the loader. I've checked and the cookie file hasn't changed at all since I set it to read only. It seems that cookies will stay in memory while k-meleon is open but obviously aren't saved to disk.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.