General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
file type actions?
Posted by: joe
Date: December 09, 2001 09:31PM

Does anyone know how to set actions for filetypes?
I tried to download a .RAR file and K-Meleon opened it. When I tried to use Save As the file never showed up.
I haven't found anything in the configuration files that relates to filetypes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: file type actions?
Posted by: Arual the Wyrd
Date: December 12, 2001 01:02AM

A humble suggestion for download problems - hie thee to http://www.freshdevices.com and get FreshDownload. It's free, fast, resumes infinitely, is not spyware, is a snap to use. Paste it a URL and go.

Posted by: joe
Date: December 12, 2001 04:00PM

Thank you, but that still leaves the problem of knowing how to configure the browser.
Download accelerators shouldn't be needed. Also, I went to look at Fresh Download. It's "free" but requires name and email in exchange. I'd call that spamware.

Posted by: Brian
Date: December 12, 2001 11:36PM

all it wants is a name and email address, you don't have to give it *your* name and email address...

Date: December 16, 2001 04:23AM

No, you do have to give it your address, because they have to send you a registration number. But it is not spamware. And it really is a good downloader.

Date: December 16, 2001 04:28AM

No, you do have to give it your address, because they have to send you a registration number. But it is not spamware. And it really is a good downloader.
You can get it without registering, but it will remind you after a while.
So maybe that could be hacked, but I decided that since it was a nice program, I'd be nice too.

Date: December 27, 2001 07:03PM

Meanwhile, back off that tangent, while I really don't have any problem with normal downloads (except that I do have to use FD when connection sux), there has been some difficulty with saving webpages. I can get one or two, then it stops working. Same with View Source. I get a blank NOTpad after the first few. This is real proctalgia. There are a lot of things I want to know about some pages that I can't get at with "copy text" - though at least that usually works. Clues, please? Is it just my cranky system? It is cranky!
I keep trying to search the bugs, but that is also proctalgia.
P.S. I love K-Meleon. 20 days of honeymoon, so far.

Posted by: hplasm
Date: January 04, 2002 12:45PM

I too don't seem to have any joy saving a web page. I think the first page was saved (foo.htm) but thereafter nothing. Strangely enuff, in w98, the "saved " files have shortcuts pointing to where they should be in c:\windows\recent, but these shortcuts are invalid. (Coz they' re not there!)
This is the same with Save As and Save Page As.........

hmm...

Posted by: po
Date: January 04, 2002 02:34PM

compare and contrast your experience to bug #16?

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.