General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
IE 3 Theme
Posted by: Terrigena
Date: August 22, 2000 06:19PM

I have not installed k-meleon because Mozilla still doesn't run well on my system. I have looked over the two screen shots provided and I'm a bit concerned that this skin is based upon the "look and feel" of IE 3. The vast majority of IE users have never used v.3 or upgraded several years ago.

If the purpose of this browser is to spread Gecko in a package that's familiar to most Windows users, you'll need to update the look to match IE 4 or 5. Otherwise people will be lost.

Options: ReplyQuote
RE: IE 3 Theme
Posted by: Anonymous Coward
Date: August 22, 2000 06:43PM

You have a point, some most windows users are very set in their ways. The drones refuse to adapt.
But this theme looks more like IE 4/5 with small buttons and no text labels than IE3.

I would just like to say that i hope that you (the Kmeleon project) would post your browser skin to the chromezone section at www.mozillazine.org

Posted by: DaRk SToRaGe
Date: August 22, 2000 09:06PM

You are Incorrect. You can put text labels.

Posted by: Ryan Hayle
Date: August 22, 2000 09:58PM

This is not a skin! Are you people really this stupid? K-Melon uses the same MFC controls IE4/5 does--that's what makes it so fast, and so great for a Windows browser. Mozilla and it's theme support is extremely slow and bloated. You can not make this a Mozilla theme no matter what you do.

Posted by: Rickboy
Date: August 22, 2000 11:41PM

Mozilla wasn't working on my system, either, but K-Meleon does. Give it a try.

One question I have to ask is why there is a "Microsoft on the Web" menu option in the Help menu?

Posted by: Fulton Preston
Date: August 23, 2000 04:32AM

I believe "Microsoft on the web" is there because the way it hooks into IE's bookmarks.

Great program! Add SSL and my back/forward buttons on my mouse and it will be my browser of choice! Btw, I've seen other postings about the Mousewheel not working, it works on my Win2000 install with the MS Intelimouse Explorer optical.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.