General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Real Player
Posted by: Kaelwyn
Date: December 13, 2001 03:55AM

I can't figure out for the life of me how to get real player to work with KM 0.6

I uninstalled IE 6 but real player is still on my system and I tried using real player content but KM only wanted to download the .ram file.

Any help is much appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Real Player
Posted by: Andres
Date: December 13, 2001 09:22PM

As far as I know, you cannot presently make full use of Real Player as a plugin for K-Meleon, except for *.rpm files (for playing those files in K-Meleon, you have to have Real Player G2 LiveConnect installed and the files nppl3260.dll and raclass.zip in your K-Meleon / Plugins folder; however, it's hard to get those files if you do not have Netscape installed - you have to "steal" those files from Windows/Temp during RealPlayer installation). Still, *.rpm files are quite rarely used on the web.

Let's hope and pray that K-Meleon will have file types support in future (like Opera, Mozilla or Netscape). Until then, you probably have to download those *.ram and *.rm files and play them from outside K-Meleon. Maybe it's also possible to write a K-Meleon plugin for RealPlayer.

If anybody has achieved better success with playing RealMedia direct from K-Meleon, please let us know.

Posted by: Bernard Mercier
Date: December 14, 2001 07:00PM

True real player doesn't work with KM

But on my system I have Mozilla and in spite I don't have any plugins for real player (installed on the system though), Mozilla opens a window and asks if it should use realplayer to play the file. If I say yes, it does. So no plugin is needed anymore for Mozilla?

Will this same system be implemented in KM?

Bernard

Posted by: Bernard Mercier
Date: December 14, 2001 09:37PM

I have NS 4.78 as well on my system and there realplaer works well also.
No plugins are in tne NS directory, but there are a lot of entries in the preferences|navigator|helper applications, amongst them are the mime and fime types for realaudio streams.

So another way of doing it.

Which way will K-M go?

Bernard

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.