General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Java question
Posted by: emmzee
Date: December 16, 2001 05:48PM

Okay, this is a little bit of a dumb question ... smiling smiley But ...

I just installed JRE, and it seems to work fine, except that every time a Java applet runs, it opens up the Java Console in the taskbar, and there's no way to close it besides closing kmeleon. This isn't really a big deal but it bugs me, since I try to guard my taskbar and remove any programs that put themselves there besides the ones I really want ...

So is there any way to stop the console from popping up in the taskbar each time? I looked in Settings->Control Panel->JRE but couldn't find anything ...

Thanks in advance ... smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Java question
Posted by: Andres
Date: December 17, 2001 02:31AM

Did you mean system tray? Taskbar is the grey line running all under your screen area. System Tray is the thing in the right corner. As far as I know, you cannot get rid of JRE in the system tray so easily unless you use a 3rd party system tray manager or something like that. However, I personally would not recommend that although there are some available (cannot remember the names exactly, try searching on the net.)

Re: Java question
Posted by: sven
Date: December 19, 2001 02:33PM

If it doesn't bother you very much then leave it, it's actually useful when applets don't run correctly or don't load at all, you can then open the console and see whats going on since errors about missing classes etc are displayed there.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.