General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
specify email program
Posted by: Norman Prather
Date: December 16, 2001 10:31PM

My wife and I share a computer but have different tastes in email clients. Is there a way to have K-Meleon call my preferred client without making it the system wide default?
NTP

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: specify email program
Posted by: Andres
Date: December 17, 2001 02:24AM

You could try a macro under the right-click menu using the command for calling an external application. Then one of you will get the e-mail client by clicking on the link and the other could get it from a right-click link. However, you have to know the resepctive command line for your mail client called by a macro. BTW, I do not know whether this will actually work, you have to try out.

Date: December 17, 2001 02:29AM

Well, I''ve never written a macro for K-Meleon. But I will try. Is there any more info on writing macros?
NTP

Date: December 17, 2001 02:59AM

Just realized something. My wife does not use K-Meleon (she's not adventerous with software). So if I can set my email client as K-Meleon's preferred it would be enough.
NTP

BTW

Where do I have the information on "right click menu?"
I've looked but must be missing it.
NTP

Posted by: Andres
Date: December 17, 2001 12:21PM

Just look in the menus.cfg file in your K-Meleon profile folder. There is a section for right-click menus. (You can open that file with any text editor).

And there is some documentation under the documentation link on this page. The macro should be written in the macros.cfg file.

I think K-Meleon uses your system's preferred e-mail client (the one that responds to your mailto: command), I do not know whether a mail client can be set to respond specifically in K-Meleon by default.

Date: December 17, 2001 02:20PM

Perhaps that can be a requested feature? It could be set in the user preferences section. Please??????
NTP

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.