Load Layer in background
Posted by: rekki
Date: October 27, 2004 10:05PM

Hi, I'm a firefox converted to KM user. What I missed from firefox was that when you load a new tab you can load it in the background. Does KM have this feature? How can I enable it?

thanks

Re: Load Layer in background
Posted by: jsnj
Date: October 28, 2004 12:15AM

what version are you using?

Date: October 28, 2004 12:22AM

K-Meleon 0.8.2

Posted by: NINfan
Date: October 28, 2004 12:36AM

hi,
go to edit,preferences,configs and finally accelerators tab and changes use the first one if you want to middle click on a link and open it in the background as a layer and use the second if you want to load in the background in a new window. hope this helps.

MButton = layers(OpenLinkBg)
MButton = ID_OPEN_LINK_IN_BACKGROUND

Date: October 28, 2004 02:31AM

Thanks! That worked great.

I have another question. Say I have 4 layers opened right now and i'm using the third layer. If I close that layer, it would go back to the first layer, how do I make it goto the next layer (4th layer) instead of the first layer again?

Posted by: SlideRule
Date: October 28, 2004 05:10AM

Rekki:

You wrote:

Say I have 4 layers opened right now and i'm using the third layer. If I close that layer, it would go back to the first layer, how do I make it goto the next layer (4th layer) instead of the first layer again?

In the scenario you stated above, actually, it does not 'automatically' go back to the "first layer" . . . but rather . . . the last layer that was active, which, might have been any layer (first OR fourth).

Hope that helps, and, is understandable.

Welcome to the world of K-Meleon ! ! !

SlideRule

Date: October 28, 2004 05:09PM

I understand completely, but is there a way to make it goto the next layer instead of the last active layer?

thanks.

Posted by: jsnj
Date: October 28, 2004 05:28PM

It depends on how you usually close the layer. If you middle-click the layer to close it or use the close layer option from its right-click menu, then you'd have to upgrade to v0.9 beta to get those on close focus options. If you use the close layer button from the macros library, then you can replace it with one or both of the macros from this thread.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.