General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Outlook Express and K-Meleon
Posted by: Kaelwyn
Date: December 20, 2001 11:44AM

How do I get Outlook Express to use K-Meleon when I click on a url in a message or email?

TIA for your help!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Outlook Express and K-Meleon
Posted by: DJ
Date: December 20, 2001 03:47PM

you don't you go to www.pmail.com and get pegaus mail and it does that and many more things and more and its free I like it better then outlook

Posted by: po
Date: December 20, 2001 11:48PM

it's been a while since i've used OE, but i don't recall there being any options to use anything other than the default browser for opening links (at least not in v5.x)... you would probably have to make k-meleon the default browser... i suppose it's possible that, OE being considered a 'part' of IE, that it may try to always use IE anyway... but i would hope not.

Posted by: bob
Date: December 21, 2001 06:55AM

I've just started using K-meleon. I've been up late the last two nights just because I don't want to turn it off!
I had a lot of trouble getting Pegasus to work properly with Opera. I'm having the same (lack of) results with K-meleon. That is: when the mail link's clicked and Pegasus isn't running the Peg splash screen flashes and disappears. If Pegasus *is* running (sitting in the sys tray) the Pegasus screen maximizes but without a New Maill window.
The solution for Opera was to include the right extensions in the Opera preferences. Is the problem here somewhat the same?

Posted by: Jeff
Date: December 21, 2001 07:11AM

Assuming you're using Pegasus 4 (I don't remember if 3 was the same, I never looked), check out following registry key:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mailto\shell\open\command

The default value is the command executed when you click on a mailto: link. it should should be something like "C:\path\to\peagasus\wsendto.exe %1" Note that it's wsendto.exe and not winpm-32.exe.

Date: December 21, 2001 07:48AM

Hi Jeff,
It's version 3.12.
The path in the registry is:
"C:\PMAIL\WINPM-32.EXE -A -T %1"
I'll check with Pegasus about this. Perhaps the wsendto is a version 4 feature.
And maybe I'll upgrade while I'm at it ;o)

Date: December 21, 2001 08:06AM

What a difference a version makes!
Just installed Pegasus 4 - works like a charm.
Kaelwyn - dump OE and get Pegasus 4 (3.8 Mb download, easy install, secure, full features, FREE) http://www.pmail.com
Thanks Jeff, for your help.

Posted by: Kidman
Date: December 21, 2001 12:35PM

wsento.exe was an add-on for Pegasus Mail 3.x and comes with Pegasus Mail 4.x. It installs itself in the "SendTo" folder (so you can send files via the context menu) and it works fine with "mailto:"...

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.