K-Meleon v0.9 Beta 4
Posted by: Andrew
Date: December 16, 2004 01:24PM

A new beta for K-Meleon 0.9 is now available for testing. This beta is built on Mozilla 1.7.4. We are still waiting for Mozilla to release 1.7.5 before we will build any 0.9 release candidates.

As always, please give this beta a thorough testing. For this release, our focus will be testing the items listed below as fixed and any new functionality that has been added to the browser. We will likely be "freezing the code" in anticipation of releasing 0.9 so don't expect to see any major new functionality added before that release. Please report any bugs that you discover back to this thread.

New Fixes and Functionality:
* The old installer is back with a few changes:
- All pugins are always installed
- Possible to choose what bookmarking plugins to enable

* New fix for bug 297. MUST TEST ON WIN95/98/NT4!
"Save As" dialog uses the incorrect filename and type
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/bugs/viewbug.php?bugid=297

* New fix for bug 313
A Pref to Control Whether URLs Autoload In URL bar history
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/bugs/viewbug.php?bugid=313

* Double click to close layer

* kmeleon.general.openurl (still buggy)

* kmeleon.display.backgroundImage should work again

* Cancelling downloads is broken

* Installer doesn't add desktop shortcuts

* Control+C of image can cause K-Meleon to crash

From BetaBugs page:
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=Beta09

* Bookmark & Hotlist Groups(Folders w/Nicks) don't open correctly if layer plugin disabled

* Button & Menu Sync

* Missing "Browse..." text on file upload button

* Under Tools: Bookmark, Favorites, & Hotlist Options Missing Item if layers plugin disabled

* Under File: Open Last Session menu item is missing

* Updated version of Flashblock

* New version of Aggreg8 RSS News reader

Download:
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/files/beta/km09b4moz174.exe

Andrew

Re: K-Meleon v0.9 Beta 4
Posted by: ra
Date: December 16, 2004 04:30PM

- All pugins are always installed

Okay.

- Possible to choose what bookmarking plugins to enable

Great! But not prompting the user to select an existing bookmarks file anymore was probably a design decision? I liked that question, because it allowed me to use an existing file right away (I know I can change everything later...).

* Cancelling downloads is broken

* Installer doesn't add desktop shortcuts

Both fixed.

* Updated version of Flashblock

Works.

Posted by: jtiger
Date: December 16, 2004 07:45PM

If I have beta 3 installed, can I simply install this one over it? Should I save my profile folder and then copy it back after the installation?

Posted by: Al.
Date: December 16, 2004 09:29PM

If I have beta 3 installed, can I simply install this one over it? Should I save my profile folder and then copy it back after the installation?

Best not to install over the top as you could encounter problems. Backup your profile and then uninstall the previous beta and then install the new one. It's the best way of making sure that new bugs are in fact, "new bugs".

Posted by: jtiger
Date: December 17, 2004 03:00AM

* New fix for bug 297. MUST TEST ON WIN95/98/NT4!
"Save As" dialog uses the incorrect filename and type
]http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/bugs/viewbug.php?bugid=297

"Save as" dialogue doesn't work at all in 98.

Posted by: clickfish
Date: December 17, 2004 06:46AM

I installed the Beta4 again and kept only my personal file of the old version however I can not see the aggreg8 Plugin in the tool bar and configure the aggreg8 Plugin either.

Posted by: jsnj
Date: December 17, 2004 08:38AM

however I can not see the aggreg8 Plugin in the tool bar

The RSS/Aggreg8 button has never been enabled by default. It's available by right-clicking the Mail button. If you want the button go to View-Toolbars-Customize'..... in the 'Mail and News' section, remove the # from the lines of the RSS button. When you restart KM...it'll be visible.

Date: December 17, 2004 10:10AM

now I can see the button, but it does not work

Date: December 17, 2004 10:16AM

by right-clicking on the Mail button is only "Configure Mail" and "Configure News". Nothing about "RSS"

Date: December 17, 2004 10:42AM

Now I typet in Toolbars by macros "aggreg8" (see below) restart the Browser - and K-Meleon crashs. After a reboot of Windows, K-Meleon worked in an again normal way

RSS{
macros(aggreg8)
RSS Feeds
mailnewshot.bmp[2]
mailnewscold.bmp[2]
}

Posted by: Andrew_G
Date: December 17, 2004 02:55PM

Just downloaded the new Beta4 and so far everything seems to work fine ,however, I would prefer the action of of the Bookmark button to be the other way around,ie. left click to view Bookmarks List,right click to edit,otherwise looks good.

Posted by: Hao Jiang
Date: December 17, 2004 03:16PM

[Bug]
Middle click the '"Refresh Button" in RSS feeds will cause KM crach.

Hao

Posted by: jsnj
Date: December 18, 2004 12:06AM

Middle-clicking on any location in the left column causes a crash. Also, middle-clicking anywhere on the javascript console causes a crash. That one's been around since v0.8.2. Maybe even before.

Posted by: Kerodo
Date: December 19, 2004 06:40AM

Nice to see that the Ctrl-C of an image bug is fixed. But now, however, I notice that you can't copy and paste TEXT from a web page using Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V. You CAN do it with an image, but text does not work now.

Posted by: Kerodo
Date: December 19, 2004 06:51AM

A note about the above problem. I noticed that even Ctrl-C/V of an image didn't work. So I exited KM and then tried again, and both text and image copying worked ok. Don't know what caused the problem, but I can't reproduce it now. Even Copy text and Copy image from the right click menu wasn't working for a while. Strange... but true...

Posted by: Bana
Date: December 22, 2004 02:34PM

This new beta has fixed all the problems I was having earlier, except it is still mysteriously closing layers at random when I merely right-click on a hyperlink.
I'm on WinME.

Posted by: Geoff
Date: December 30, 2004 04:49AM

Great effort guys! I've been using Beta 4 for a couple of weeks now and it's been nearly perfect! It has taken care of just about every "I wish" in 0.8.2. I tweaked that one as best I could and it wasn't close to being as good as 0.9 beta 4. I know this isn't the "bug reporting" that the developers need at this point, but I have no problems to report! Great! Great! Great! :-)

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.