General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
history
Posted by: bob
Date: December 26, 2001 02:09PM

I am just starting to look at other browsers, besides my old netscape 4.7 - KM looks very interesting and I want to have custom control that KM seems to give you.

It may be covered elsewhere, but my default preferences says I have the history plug-in, but i can not find the history list?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: history
Posted by: Andrew
Date: December 26, 2001 02:46PM

Bob,

The history functionality is pretty limited at this time. Are you looking for something that would list all of the sites that you have visited?

Andrew

Posted by: bob
Date: December 29, 2001 07:24AM

Yes, I was thinking there was a list, so I could reference sites from previous days
Where does KM remember the sites I visited?

I hit the back arrow and that works - is this just in cache? No other history file?
bob

Posted by: po
Date: December 29, 2001 07:35AM

if you follow the procedure outlined here:

http://tln.lib.mi.us/~amutch/pro/kmeleon/khistfiles.htm

k-meleon will generate a file named history.dat in your profile directory, which contains the visited URLs, along with a lot of other information that isn't in easily-human-readable form, unfortunately... i'm still hoping someone will write up a plugin to make use of this file... or perhaps the next version will have better built-in history functionality...

Date: December 29, 2001 04:13PM

Bob,

Besides what Po mentions, there really isn't much history functionality at this time. K-Meleon does save a certain number of URLs that appear in the drop-down URL box but that's about it. Part of this is due to the limited history functionality provided by the embedded version of Mozilla we use. I know there is some work being done by the Mozilla people to improve that. Hopefully, we'll see at least some improvements in that regard in the next release.

Andrew

Posted by: mary
Date: January 02, 2002 05:49PM

how do I clear drop down URL box?

Date: January 02, 2002 08:59PM

Mary,

Close K-Meleon. Locate the prefs.js file in your Profile directory. Delete any of the lines that start with:

kmeleon.MRU.URL

I know that's a pain. Hopefully, it will be automated in the next release.

Andrew

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.