General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
OT: Don't want slow motion scrolling
Posted by: polo
Date: December 31, 2001 07:21PM

When I installed the common control pack to get the text menus appearing on K-M, I noticed that when I click on say, + in Windows Explorer to list all the folders on the c: drive the scrolling is kinda slow motion and not as fast/smooth as before. How do I get the menus at the top in K-M but get the scrolling as it was for a normal Windows 95 PC.?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: OT: Don't want slow motion scrolling
Posted by: po
Date: December 31, 2001 10:09PM

i dunno... how do i have my cake and eat it? smiling smiley

maybe it would be possible for k-meleon to be made to look for this file in it's own directory in future versions, as an option? then it wouldn't have to be a system file...? i really don't know whether that could be done or not... just a thought.

Posted by: po
Date: December 31, 2001 10:10PM

after thinking about that for a second, i'm almost certain it couldn't be done.

oh well.

Posted by: scratch
Date: December 31, 2001 11:01PM

I think there's a registry setting that controls this, but I don't know the name of it. Look for windows tweaking programs, you'll probably be able to find one that does this.

Posted by: Mark
Date: December 31, 2001 11:12PM

I hate that smooth-scrolling, too. It just wastes time and cpu cycles...

Get TweakUI. It's part of the Windows Powertoys pack. It's a control panel that lets you mess with all sorts of little things like that. There are other program out there, too, but TweakUI works for me.

I don't know if I can use html tags in here (and there's no preview), so here's the url:
http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networking/NTTweakUI.asp

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.