skins
Posted by: Bob
Date: January 02, 2002 04:40PM

How do I use skins?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: skins
Posted by: andres
Date: January 02, 2002 07:07PM

If you mean toolbar buttons, the original toolbars are in your K-Meleon profiles folder (the folder in which you have the file toolbars.cfg). In KM 0.6 there is a chance that it is in C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\Profiles\default\...somewhere. The original bars are, I think, tool1.bmp, tool2.bmp and tool3.bmp. To change the skin, replace those three files with the new toolbar files and, if necessary, edit toolbars.cfg in any txt editor. If you want to get back your old toolbar later, you should make a backup of the original tool.bmp-s and toolbars.cfg. There are also some basic instructions in the beginning of toolbars.cfg. Take a look at the insides of that file and you will sure understand how it works.

If you meant background images, you can change those from Edit - Preferences - Display - toolbar background image.

Toolbars and background images must be bitmap. The toolbar button size must be defined in toolbars.cfg. The default is 16x16 pixels but you can have any size like 32x32 or 31x31 etc.

For further information, you can also take a look at

http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/docs/ktoolback.php

You can make toolbars or bg images yourself or download toolbars from the Resources section, I think they have the toolbars.cfg included and ready. So you just take those files and copy them into your K-Meleon profile directory (you have to replace the originals though unless you create another profile).

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.