General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
copy and paste bugs
Posted by: uhzid
Date: January 06, 2002 09:00AM

umm... don't know if it is only me or anyone else but the copy and paste does not work for me. when i selected some text and choose 'copy text' from the popup menu, but it does not paste anything in to anything, seems to be what i just copyed was empty... any advise? thanks

btw, ver 0.6

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: copy and paste bugs
Posted by: po
Date: January 06, 2002 12:02PM

it's buggy, for sure.

sometimes, though, you actually ARE pasting text, but it doesn't show up until you hit 'return' or perform some other action... play around with it and see.

Posted by: Andrew
Date: January 06, 2002 05:58PM

Uhzid,

Someone else posted some ideas about that cause of this. Apparently, when copying text, K-Meleon sometimes thinks it is copying multiple lines of text so that when you paste, the text you want goes missing. We'll check and see if there is a fix for that.

Andrew

Posted by: uhzid
Date: January 07, 2002 07:49AM

to po:
nop, nothing will make the text show up. i can't paste it into the url box, not even windows notepad. however it does allow me to paste the text in to a text box on a webpage.

to andrew:
thanks for that. and the shockwave 5 plugin doesn't work, it insist only to install to a netscape plugin directory when i point it to c:\program files\k-meleon\plugins. not a kmeleon's bug but is there a way to work around this?

Posted by: Andrew
Date: January 07, 2002 03:03PM

Uhzid,

Make a copy of "k-meleon.exe" and rename it "netscape.exe" and leave it in the same folder as "k-meleon.exe". That will trick Shockwave into thinking you have a valid netscape executable and it should then install. Let me know if you still have problems.

Andrew

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.