General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Accessing top toolbar using keyboard shortcuts?
Posted by: Cliff
Date: January 12, 2002 10:07AM

Does anyone know any obvious reason why I cannot access File Edit View Go Bookmarks Help by using the Alt+the first letter? If I want to get to my bookmarks I have to click on it, which is a bit of a pain.
Cliff

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Accessing top toolbar using keyboard shortcuts
Date: January 12, 2002 10:35AM

Sorry - I wasn't reading the help properly - you just have to disable the rebar then restart the computer.
Cliff

Posted by: Andrew
Date: January 12, 2002 05:12PM

Cliff,

Restarting K-Meleon will work to get the change described in help to work. You don't need to restart the computer.

Andrew

Date: January 13, 2002 09:58AM

Yes, that's what it says, but for some reason simply closing KM by itself wouldn't work. It doesn't matter though - the problem's solved now. Just a pity now that once you have accessed the drop-down menus using F, E, V, etc., you can't press another key to access the options. So for e.g., although Alt+F will get the File menu, you still have to search for your mouse or tab down to get Save As, for e.g.
Cliff

Posted by: po
Date: January 13, 2002 11:13AM

that's odd... Alt+F then S will open the 'save as' dialog for me just fine...

i don't think i added that part to the menu.cfg myself, but it's been a while since i last installed, so my memory of the default set-up is a little hazy... in any case, if these really are missing for you, you can add ampersands to the appropriate places in the menu.cfg file under Edit>Preferences>Configs.

as for the having to restart your machine, actually probably all you would need to do is use 'exit' instead of 'close'... neither Alt+F4 nor the little 'x' button will completely remove k-meleon from memory.

Posted by: dingle
Date: January 14, 2002 03:58AM

i believe if you have the loader installed you do have to restart your computer.

Posted by: po
Date: January 14, 2002 06:26AM

well, yeah, then there's that... winking smiley

that's fairly well documented, though; the other is slightly more subtle.

Date: February 03, 2002 07:16PM

I've had a look in the configs and all the ampersands are there, but it's not having it - I still have to use the arrow key then enter. I wonder if anyone has any more ideas?
Cliff

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.