General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Favorites setup
Posted by: Walt Stanley
Date: January 14, 2002 01:56PM

Hi: I'm just starting. KM6.0 with Win98SE. I use favorites a lot. Somewhere when installing and uninstalling KM, I think, my Favorites list became fouled up. When I click on favorites the menu drops down with Config,Add,Edit and then the name of one of my Favorites folders. When I highlight the folder name a menu opens with a list of my folders plus all the URL's in the folder. I am NOT a programmer by a long shot, but will go into program files and change them, with enough guidance. I tried to add new folders to my Favoites directory but KM did not add them to my list. I had to delete about 75 of my URL's just to get KM to load my Favorites folder. How can I change the favorites folder on the first menu. I would use an empty folder, I guess. How can I add new folderes. Can I change their order?
I have managed to get my menu bar, tool bar and URL: box all in one bar, to give me more clear window.
TIA, Walt Stanley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Favorites setup
Posted by: po
Date: January 15, 2002 02:11AM

it's a quirk: you need to have at least ONE actual shortcut directly in the 'favorites' folder, not in a subfolder...

Posted by: Walt Stanley
Date: January 15, 2002 04:39AM

Thanks, that did it. It is a quirk. Any chance of being able to put the folders in alphabetical order?
Thanks again. Walt

Posted by: Andrew
Date: January 15, 2002 04:44AM

Walt,

Favorites and Bookmarks are getting a lot of work for the next release. Some of these issues should be addressed then.

Andrew

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.