General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
***WARNING*** Bookmarks and GUL
Posted by: Bernard Mercier
Date: January 16, 2002 10:14AM

L.S.

In one of the posts about bookmarks, there was a suggestion to use GUL as bookmarks manager.

I tried this twice (yes KM was not running) and twice my bookmarks file was corrupted and not useable anymore in KM.
I saved the work done in GUL as bookmarks.html.

Bernard

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ***WARNING*** Bookmarks and GUL
Posted by: andres
Date: January 16, 2002 12:16PM

GUL was my suggestion but that is probably a good choice only if you want to replace using K-Meleon's own bookmark / favorites plugins and use only GUL instead. That's what I do (why use them all anyway, GUL does the job for me completely when launched by macro from K-Meleon?) and in that case I have seen no problems.

Posted by: Bernard Mercier
Date: January 16, 2002 11:39PM

Andres,

Do I understand correctly, that you use the .gul extension and not the .html one?

Did you disable the netscape bookmark plugin then?

So you call GUL into memory and you click on the links in GUL's window to go to your bookmarked sites, right?

In that case, yes it might work and so my understanding of GUL was wrong.

Bernard

Posted by: andres
Date: January 17, 2002 01:18AM

Yes I am using GUL's own bookmark format in K-Meleon and I disabled K-Meleon's Bookmarks/Favorites plugins as I did not like them very much. I am using all bookmarks from within GUL (it's actually quite handy, got used to it in an hour; the only thing that takes more time is adding new bookmarks but in return, I am getting better control). I have more than 512 bookmarks anyway so K-Meleon was causing some problems there; the other point was that the mouse did not slide to the right (to help) when the IE favorites menu was pulled down.so I had to move around with the mouse.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.