General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Favorities List
Posted by: Ken De Pree
Date: January 16, 2002 06:32PM

I am a new user. So far I like K-Meleon very much as an alternate to IE6. When I first installed the program, my IE favorites list installed itself without problem. But now I have two questions:

1. I don't find any provision for adding new items to the K-Meleon favorites list. Howe is that done.

2. I have the favorities plugin checked, but when I click "configure" I'm told the plug in hasn't been loaded (even though at bottom of tab there has been a statement that it will be loaded next time K-Meleon is started). What does this mean anyway? I have a favorites list and it seems to work. What more does the plug in do? Would it make it possible to add new items to the list?

3. If I add favorites to IE list, will they automatically be added to the K-M list?

Thanks for your help to this newbie to K-Meleon.

Ken

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Favorities List
Posted by: Walt Stanley
Date: January 16, 2002 09:09PM

Newbie to newbie: I'm new and not a programmer, but here's some of what I think may help. 1. To add a new site, URL, under the Favorites menu, click Add. This puts it at the bottom of the list of Favorites. I have my Favorites in folders, so after I add a new URL, I click on Edit under the Favorites menu, it goes to Windows Explorer and there I move the new URL into the folder that I want. Remember that you always want to have one URL shortcut, not in a folder, on your Favorites list.
2. I haven't figurered out what that Config does. It just lets you add another Favorites button that looks useless to me. 3. What you add to the favorites list, plus a lot of changes you make, don't usually show up until you exit K-M and restart it.
I hope those with more knowledge can help you more.
Walt

Posted by: po
Date: January 17, 2002 01:52AM

2. this is actually to enable the favorites TOOLBAR, which will create a toolbar with a button for each favorite directly in your 'favorites' folder... that's probably why walt only saw one button. smiling smiley

3. basically, each time you start up k-meleon, it grabs everything in your IE favorites folder, so they stay pretty well sync'd, unless you keep the program running for a long time without restarting it.

Posted by: Marty
Date: January 22, 2002 11:07PM

k-meleon properly imported the favorites from my IE 5.5 browser and the contents of each folder are perfectly alphabetized, by I'm unable to alphabetize the folders which is a snap in IE. What's the trick to alphabetizing the favorites folders in k-meleon??

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.