General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
WMP 7 will not work
Posted by: Walt Stanley
Date: January 16, 2002 11:53PM

I put all the np*.* files in the plugin directory, but can't get it to work. I go on CNN and try their videos but just get a blank screen. Before loading the np*.* files I was asked to download files, but not now, but no picture. Is Win Media Player 7 the problem and if I go back to ver.6 will it work?
TIA, Walt

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WMP 7 will not work
Posted by: Walt Stanley
Date: January 17, 2002 04:15AM

Answered my own question. Dug around a finally found a page that cleared up the problem. Went to Edit>Preferances>Privacy>Browser ID> changed to Default. The video is now working.
Walt

Posted by: Fulvio Perini
Date: January 17, 2002 04:17AM

I just finished reading a message from a fellow who actually did not even get that far with 6.2.1,but did fine with Mozilla0.9.7.He had the same plugins in both.I try CNN stories with all three media players,with 6.2.1,and had no problem. I will check and get back to you how I do here,since I just copied the same bookmark folder from Mozilla to Kmeleon.

Posted by: Fulvio Perini
Date: January 17, 2002 04:27AM

Things work for me,but the format is the same shown by WM6.4.I selected Windows Media,and,I have broadband. I did not have to do anything else to the Preferences.Sometimes a little ignorance can help.I saw the Privacy preference,I said duh?,and I was ok.

Posted by: andres
Date: January 17, 2002 02:32PM

If anybody is using WMP here through LAN or proxy, you might need to configure the WMP accordingly (in my old WMP6.0, which btw works good, the settings are under View - Options there). Just a suggestion...

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.