General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Refresh Button Use
Posted by: Ken De Pree
Date: January 17, 2002 09:04PM

I'm new to K-Meleon and still getting used to it. Very pleased so far; especially like its speed. Some sites that open slowly with IE open almost immediately with KM.

But I have noticed that whenever I go to a site I must make much greater use of the refresh button than is necessary with IE. Otherwise I get only the pages that I assume are being held in the cache. Is this normal? Are there any settings or plugins that eliminate or reduce the need to click refresh. It isn't a big price to pay for the speed, and so far the "refresehed" pages have loaded immediately, but thought I'd throw the question into the air to see what the experts do.

Regards, Ken

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Refresh Button Use
Posted by: po
Date: January 17, 2002 09:31PM

go to Edit>Preferences>Cache and choose 'always'.

that should help.

Posted by: Ken De Pree
Date: January 19, 2002 01:04AM

Thanks. Big Difference! Apparently not understanding at the time this option, I had checked never.

Posted by: po
Date: January 19, 2002 01:55AM

well, in that case, even checking 'automatically' or 'once per session' might still be an improvement, while avoiding a certain amount of unneccessary page loading inherent in using 'always'... best thing is to experiment with the settings, and see which one gives you the best overall performance for your purposes.

Posted by: sven
Date: January 19, 2002 06:10AM

"Always" is not good option since it produces (at least for me) noticable delay in displaying rollovers (you know, images that change itself reacting usually to mouseover).

We need "force reload", shift+reload or whatever it was for Netscape (and ctrl+refresh for IE).. Or is it working? I vaguely recall that when I tried, it didn't work. Have nothing to test on it right now.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.