General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Missing "go" button at sites
Posted by: Timoch
Date: January 20, 2002 10:16PM

When I go to a number of sites (such as dealtime.com to search for CD's) I find that with km, there are no "go" buttons adjacent to the entry boxes, but with IE or Opera, a box is present. I have also found that when accessing Hotmail, the "logout" button is missing also. Is there something that I am missing?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Missing "go" button at sites
Posted by: polo
Date: January 20, 2002 11:10PM

Isn't logout or signout at the top right hand corner of the screen in hotmail Timoch? btw, can you check all messages in the Inbox in your Hotmail with KM as I can't (reason has been discussed in another thread) just want to check.

Posted by: po
Date: January 20, 2002 11:48PM

the missing logout button is normal. set it to automatically log you out in two hours, and hope for the best. winking smiley or better yet, get away from hotmail while the gettin's good... it's getting way too 'integrated' with the whole MS thinger... it really should be called 'explorermail'.

Posted by: polo
Date: January 21, 2002 02:19AM

Timoch when I wrote "check all messages" I meant "Select all messages" by 'ticking' the box in the From Subject Date Size line.

Posted by: Andrew
Date: January 21, 2002 04:31AM

Timoch,

I went to dealtime.com and saw the "Go" button right at the top of the main page. Is that what was missing for you?

Andrew

Date: January 21, 2002 05:08AM

ok, i think i see what's going on here... i bet timoch, like me, was using 'show site images' instead of using 'show all images' in preferences... that seems to make the difference.

Posted by: Timoch
Date: January 21, 2002 05:35AM

It just occurred to me that I had followed the advice given in an earlier post (I can't quote it right now) but, the writer suggested that in the privacy section of preferences, that it was wise to check the "accept site cookies" rather than "accept all cookies". In my feeble mind, I thought that might apply to "accept site images" rather than "accept all images" also. When I checked "accept all images" magically all of the boxes now appear, including the signout box in Hotmail

Sorry folks, you' re dealing with a slow learner here.

Date: January 21, 2002 05:50AM

nah... it took me up til just now to figure it out about that logout button... i'm much slower. smiling smiley

don't draw the wrong conclusion, though, about using 'show site images'; it's usually the best bet, in my opinion, since it usually will only prevent you from seeing banner ads, web bugs, etc. it's just that hotmail (and apparently some other big sites) do things in the way of site design that make them unusable under settings that work most other places. not much you can do about this, but it might be worth setting up a macro to toggle from 'site images' to 'all images'... in fact, i think i'll do that right now.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.