General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
My K-Meleon in the top right has gone!
Posted by: polo
Date: January 20, 2002 11:20PM

I just noticed now... decided to close down K-M and load up again and it's still gone? Huh? I talking about the lizard head!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My K-Meleon in the top right has gone!
Posted by: Arual the Wyrd
Date: January 21, 2002 02:47AM

We all lose our heads sometimes. If you don't find a file called THROBBER.AVI in
K-Meleon\Profiles\default\g2yucl47.slt\ , that's why. If there is one there, you have some other problem. If it's not there, for some reason, check the other folders for a spare (I ran into one, don'rember where, I've rummaged in mine too much and moved things), and copy it to that g2yucl47.slt place.
If you are totally headless, download one from the K-Meleon Resources page, and God bless you.

Posted by: Mark
Date: January 21, 2002 03:11AM

Actually, that's happened to me, before. And it's definitely not because I lost the file, because it came back later without any head-downloading-intervention. Don't worry, polo, you're not alone!

Posted by: Andrew
Date: January 21, 2002 04:27AM

Bug report anyone?

Andrew

Date: January 21, 2002 11:35AM

I still have THROBBER.AVI but Andrew says this is a bug? So either I wait and it might come back (please come back Mr. K-Meleon!) as Mark says or re-install?
The .avi plays ok btw.

Posted by: Bernard Mercier
Date: January 21, 2002 11:57AM

Andrew,

I filed a post on it in the Bug forum.

Bernard

Date: January 21, 2002 01:53PM

well he/she/it has returned in under 24 hrs! I decide to run k-meleon.exe directly and not through a shortcut and hey presto! But I doubt that had anything to do with it?

Posted by: Andrew
Date: January 21, 2002 03:26PM

Polo: Sorry for the confusion. I was saying that you should file a bug report about the problem.

Bernard: Thanks for adding that bug report.

Andrew

Posted by: Arual the Wyrd
Date: January 22, 2002 03:22AM

It could be Windows having a little fun. Mine has bad .avi days. Never beheaded the lizzerd yet.

Posted by: Brian
Date: January 23, 2002 02:37AM

there's 2 reasons this may happen:
1: windows ran out of resources so it decided not to load the avi. a reboot solves this.
2: something messed up with the toolbar positioning. open prefs.js and delete kmeleon.tooband.*

Date: January 23, 2002 02:51PM

Brian, actually K-M does eat up my resources on some sites. But a reboot never did solve the problem

Posted by: po
Date: February 20, 2002 03:33AM

this just happened to me for the first time, and it seems to have been related to k-meleon being passed a URL from another application via the HTTP association for kmeleon. the association passes the URL as:

"%1" -P po

which is the profile that was running already when it happened, so this might be related to the profile command bug...

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.