General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
gul and km bookmarks
Posted by: Timoch
Date: January 29, 2002 04:08PM

I installed gul per the directions given in an earlier post, and find that it works beautifully in importing IE and Opera favorites. The problem I have is that I haven't figured how to add new URL's to the list. The instructions for gul leave something to be desired, and apparently they don't offer support because their site is dead. Perhaps a gul user can give me some insight. Thanx

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: gul and km bookmarks
Posted by: Andres
Date: January 29, 2002 04:33PM

When you go to GUL's right panel and right-click, you should get the option "New", which brings up a dialog for adding bookmarks (you can also add comments). I usually copy and paste from K-Meleon's URL bar but I have discovered that GUL may also automatically add the address on the URL bar (don't ask me how, it just sometimes does it). I like to use GUL in the "Detail" view so that I can see the bookmark address at once. There seems to be a minor bug, though, that the "Details" view does not work sometimes: then you should just switch to the list view and then back.

I haven't yet discovered a method to add bookmarks directly from K-Meleon but IMHO GUL still works better for bookmark management than K-Meleon's bookmark plugin and is rather nice for cross-browser usage.

Re: gul and km bookmarks
Posted by: timoch
Date: January 30, 2002 11:30PM

Thanks, it works great. I have found that if I have the URL in the clipboard, that Gul fills in the form for me, kinda like Opera does.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.