General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
some pages open blank
Posted by: timoch
Date: February 03, 2002 04:00AM

Some sites open blank with km, but open alright with IE. A good example is the site I use to check my long distance phone service, my.zonecms.com When I was using Opera, I could open it when I identified the browser as IE 5, but not if the identification was Mozilla. I tried all of the browser identifications in km preferences file, but without success. One time it did load when I used the IE5.5 identification, and hit the "reload" button a couple of times, but I couldn't do it again. Is there some plugin or setting that I could use to make it work?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: some pages open blank
Posted by: Deft
Date: February 03, 2002 11:37PM

I would assume that this was just evil and deluded people blocking non IE browsers... I find that windowsupdate won't let in km at all.

Posted by: po
Date: February 04, 2002 12:13AM

windoze update is, i think, inherently relient on IE's integration into your system... i could be wrong, though. WU was one of the first things to go (or break, depending on how you look at it) back when i started stripping win98 down some ways back. it never had much to offer anyways, except patches for the crappy software that i would mostly only use for WU to begin with... winking smiley

as for that _other_ page... have a look at the source (it should be there, even if nothing's being displayed)... it speaks for itself. all popups and scripting... damn server tried to give me half a dozen cookies, too... some things are better left alone...

Date: February 04, 2002 01:43AM

Po,
How do I look at the source? I have to go to this site to check on my LD phone bill, and I use this company because they only charge me $.04/ minute anytime.

Posted by: po
Date: February 04, 2002 02:20AM

to view the source, just go to the page like normal, and whether it shows up or not, select 'Source' from the View menu... or hit Ctrl+U.

normally, a good idea would be to contact the webmaster of the page and ask them to make it a little more universally accessible, but in this case it would probably be a waste of time... but it couldn't hurt to ask, i guess. smiling smiley

Posted by: Paul H. Arnold
Date: April 23, 2002 08:54PM

What can I do to stop telemarketing phone calls?

pharnold@yahoo.com

Date: April 24, 2002 03:11AM

Paul H. Arnold

Look here: http://www.telezapper.com/default.asp

Posted by: _
Date: April 24, 2002 06:26AM

Why does it burn when I pee? Halllp!