General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: "complete" 1.7.11 update
Posted by: ndebord
Date: September 16, 2005 05:13PM

Guenter,

I look forward to your upgrade version to 1.7.12 whenever it becomes an official release. Meanwhile Brian's little executable is doing the job for me right now.

BTW, have had problems with some financial sites when using the default K-Meleon user agent string. My solution was to find the FireFox 1.04 string that was posted here and which my bank did accept as an "approved" browser. I would like to suggest that all the various authors here who do upgrades to K-Meleon include a FireFox user agent string in their distributions so you do not have to resort to the cut and paste method that I used.

N

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Carson
Date: September 16, 2005 05:26PM

Bank: "Are you Sam?"
John: "No, I'm John."
Bank: "Well, you have to be Sam to get in."
John: "Well, I'm Sam, then."
Bank: "Well, come on in."
:-)

Posted by: guenter
Date: September 16, 2005 05:57PM

@ndebord;
maybe we should write 9 instead 0.9
was not that the solution on some other sites ; - )
just send or post exact string You think of.
I am not keeping foxes any more - my jack russel ate them all ; - )

@Carson: easier to use a norton comander clone file compare done by hand.
or use xxcopy /U /Y /R /D /S (exclude the chrome directory) .

else: "xcopy /U /Y /R <Mozilla 1.7.x directory> <K-Meleon directory>"
- but thx for program tip anyway! regards

Re: &quot;complete&quot; 1.7.11 update
Posted by: Drahken
Date: September 16, 2005 06:39PM

1) Using multipart zips is never a good idea, it's not a standard (or at least not a common) feature of zip files, and most progs can't understand it. If you need to make multipart archives for something, make multipart rar archives.
2) Going to about:config and changing general.useragent.vendorSub to something higher than 1.0 will get through many such sites. Many sites stupidly assume that any browser with a version number lower than 1.0 won't have the capacity to handle their site. Since there is no way at all for site authors to know that 0.7 of browser A will work while 0.7 of browser B won't work, the retards should NOT put any blocks based on browser name or version. They should simply put in a test sample of the "important" code and see if the browser renders it, then give a message like "if you see the "WELCOME!" message below, your browser works. If you don't, get a new one."

Date: September 16, 2005 07:27PM

I agree especially since all browsers since way back support what those
"web masters" can produce for code (provided it is valid or almost valid code).
best weekend

Posted by: Guardian
Date: June 17, 2006 03:15PM

Are there any more of these in the works such as a 1.7.13 update?

Date: June 17, 2006 03:41PM

There is an official 1.7.13 update by Fred at:

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=14285

Just in case You did not notice. And AFAIK Al updated the k-ninja theme/version.
Spanish should be available. Both have Links from Forum.

But I assume that You want to update Your own customized 0.9?

You can download Fred`s and use his components, res folder and the dll in k-meleon
root folder that are newer than Your k-meleon´s to rejunvenate/update Your k-m.
Just compare the dates of origin and use the newer file if their time stamp varies.

You can also use the chrome components if they date after Yours. IMHO he uses 1.7.12 chrome parts mostly. There are little changes in chrome normally so that is not really needed.

Best make backup of Your`s, store the used Profiles files that You want keep at an extra place, delete Profiles folder (that makes a normal 0.9 installable at any place)
and do the update job with that. When You have everthing as You want replace the
old version - or use the new one as extra?

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.